*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027059-The-50th-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1027059 added February 19, 2022 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
The 50th of the Year 2022
Deus Vult Gratia,


         Quite the year we have had so far. I feel like I'm going to get whiplash with how fast the restrictions have changed. Pray things settle soon and that they settle in good places for all of us. I am just tired and looking for some good news: news that I am not skeptical of when I see it.


         I love my country; Canada is the best place in the world. But we inherited our freedom; there hasn't been a war fought to secure our liberties. Most of our struggle has been for the unity of all these different parts, resisting efforts to erase, holding against those trying to rip parts off, and assembling multiple colourful gems into a single mosaic image. Right now, we have a leader that doesn't believe in the mosaic of Canada. It hurts seeing the division that this pandemic has brought to my country. I'm holding to this flag that I love and continue to pray for the values that it stands for.


         Sorry to have let my concerns bleed onto the page. I just don't have anything better to write at the moment.


Memento Mori,


KS

© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027059-The-50th-of-the-Year-2022