*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027258-The-53rd-of-the-Year-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#1027258 added February 22, 2022 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
The 53rd of the Year 2022
Forward


         Did a quick update to this blog's description and introduction. I am coming at this blog now with a little more intent and thought that the blog description needed to reflect this new intention better. When I first started, it was to be a writing exercise and to stretch myself personally. Now, I am looking for consistency in posting on this blog. I've grown a lot, and I am looking to grow more, even though I don't quite know what that looks like yet.





Into the Meat of Things


         Family Day long weekend has just passed here in Alberta, and it was a good time to do what the holiday suggests and gather with family. I spent the day playing War the Ring with my little brother and having a blast as my armies of Shadow failed to achieve my military objectives in a timely manner. Having spent so much time away from my parents' house, I made sure to enjoy the fantastic cooking that my dad made that day.


         Unfortunately, the day ended with predictable disappointment; Parliament voted to extend the emergency powers late in the evening, and who knows when it will finally be repealed. Have to admit that I am hopeful, seeing the Bloc side with the Conservatives on a vote I wouldn't have predicted them to side with. With the Conservatives based mostly in the western provinces and the Bloc based in Quebec, it is a union of the east and west that I pray for whenever I think about the future of Canada.


         I did have to laugh when I saw that people were upset on Twitter about Franklin Graham asking people to pray for Putin. This is literally something we are told to do as Christians; pray for your enemies and the people in authority. I thought everyone knew what prayer was, but apparently, I was wrong.


Memento Mori,


KS

© Copyright 2022 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027258-The-53rd-of-the-Year-2022