*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027135-February-21-2022
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1027135 added February 21, 2022 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
February 21, 2022
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. WilcoxImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

For my blog "Prompt: Psalms 19:14 'Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.'

Other verses in the Bible state that what comes out of our mouth comes from our heart. Consider today what is coming from your mouth and what it reveals about the condition of your heart with God. Write about this."

Jesus tells us in Matthew 12:34 that man speaks from the overflow of the heart. I do not believe it is a coincidence that the scripture about the overflow of the heart is located in Matthew 12:34 Matthew 1-2-3-4. Jesus wanted it to be memorable and guided Matthew to position it here. The numbers were not added until centuries later by St. Jerome but Jesus knew they would be added. Placing this particular scripture here made it easy to remember. Mathew 1,2,3,4.

Jesus knows that man often speaks impulsively. We do not gage our words but rather "speak what is on our minds". Our minds are our hearts. They are the center of our personality or our spirit. If our spirits are controlled by wickedness then wickedness will come from our spirit or heart. The words we say will be wicked. If our hearts (spirits) are regenerated by the second birth and guided by the Holy Spirit our words will be nurturing and loving. We will guard our mouths. James tells us that the tongue is a wildfire, James 3:6. It sets off all kinds of forest fires! Words spoken cannot be taken back. Entire relationships have been destroyed by words spoken in anger. We must guard our mouths and keep the tongue under control. St. Francis prayed "Lord, let me preach every day...using words if necessary."

People believe our actions faster than our words. Scientists say that as much as 90% of our communication is done through our actions. I am currently teaching a class on active listening. Body language is part of that. I recently asked the class which they believed most: actions or words? The result was unanimous. They believe a person's actions ten times faster than words. From the heart we speak.


For my blog Today we were cruising through the galaxy with Worf and found a star. Sherasi writes
Schipperke's (SKIP-er-keys) Rule
 
STATIC
Schipperke's (SKIP-er-keys) Rule   (E)
Take a look at our Lords and Masters
#2267365 by Sherasi
about lords and masters. What do you think?"

I don't know about others for I am not the judge thank God. For me personally, there is only one who can claim the title of Lord and Master and that is Jesus Christ. I mean there are all sorts of gods as even the Bible admits. Those gods are stone, wood, or other carvings of man and have no power. I worship and serve the living God. He has proven Himself by becoming human, dying, and raising from the dead.


Signature for those who win an honorable mention at the 2020 Quill AwardsSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2022 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027135-February-21-2022