*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027299-22222---Laterally-Thinking-Musically
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1027299 added February 23, 2022 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
2/22/22 - Laterally Thinking Musically
I was so exhausted after work yesterday that I fell asleep rather than posting my soundtrack. I will rectify that now and then this evening will post the one for today,
2/22/22
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo


TOOL - "Lateralus"

While I am far from genius, especially of late, Maynard James Keenan of the band TOOL (also of the band, A Perfect Circle) exudes it with his every chord and lyric.

The Song:
"Lateralus" was released in 2001 on the album of the same name. Both the album and song title refer to the ability to think laterally. “Lateralus” is just one of many songs written by Tool that express a deep and connective message or point of view. "Lateralus" is so deep and concentrated that the song structure itself is based on a sequence of numbers known as the “Fibonacci Sequence.” The bass and guitar structure follow the numbers in which some order, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8. The words to the song are also structured similarily: “Black/Then/White are/ all I see/ in my infancy/ red and yellow then came to be,” so that each syllable represents the first six numbers of the sequence. In structuring the music and lyrics as such, Keenan proves the genius of thinking laterally, thereby connecting life to everything imaginable.

The Man Behind the Song:
As per Wikipedia, "Maynard James Keenan is an American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, actor, and winemaker."
He is best known as the singer and primary lyricist of the rock bands Tool, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle - and was also a member of the bands Green Jellÿ, Tapeworm, Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty, and TexA.N.S. It was written by one columnist, "James Maynard Keenan is one of very few vocalists to have the mentality and level of thinking he has obtained throughout life...James Maynard Keenan is one of the five geniuses of Tool, and his work should be admired for its insanity and depth."

Lyrics


Have I piqued your interest? Then check out: Parabola   and Forty Six & 2  





© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027299-22222---Laterally-Thinking-Musically