*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027324-Call-Me-Crazy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1027324 added February 24, 2022 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
Call Me Crazy


Well, holy cannoli. Last night I agreed to be the treasurer of the local Chamber of Commerce. The previous person never showed for meetings, never had reports for meetings, and was just not interested in doing the job. Then when it was time for someone to take over during the election process, no one said a word. Except for me. Call me crazy.

Then today we had an informational meeting to start working on plans for a Renaissance Festival in town. Just a one day event this year. The person who first suggested this said "Oh wouldn't it be fun. Gather together down by the Riverwalk, just gather all the magic and have fun." Well, you know what? Fun just doesn't happen when it is a public event. Fun has to be organized. Fun has to be planned and then look like it is spontaneous. Egads. Then we got into all kind of discussions about witches, wiccan, black magic, earth mothers, and all sort of other minutiae that made me want to tear my hair out. And I now am the chairperson for this group of creative people. Call me crazy, again.

I now am going to step down from one of my volunteer positions on an advisory board. This non-profit organization is steadily going in a direction I don't like and can't stop. The person driving the organization is micro-managing everything. So, this is a good time to leave, after serving for over four years.

I talked all this over with friends when on break today at the elementary school cafeteria. They called me in to work last night. So I showed up at 6:30 AM for my shift, in -25°, to work til noon. I took the place of a lady who had to stay home to nurse two sick baby goats. I told my husband that only in Montana would you go to work for someone with sick kids, and those kids are not her own. But goats.

Welcome to my world! Fun and games in Roundup! The excitement never ends...

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1027324-Call-Me-Crazy