*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028406-Sweet-Muse-ic
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1028406 added March 18, 2022 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Sweet Muse-ic
Author's Note: This was written March Musical Monkey Madness see: "Note: March Musical Monkey Madness Blogging Prompt..."

Prompt: Your Muse and Andre have decided to collaborate. They want to write a song together. Tell us why they decided to collaborate.


***


Like an actress, my personal muse tends to take a lot of different forms. She chooses whatever helps to inspire me. For the purpose of this particular blogging challenge, she has opted for the role of a chanteuse similar to Ella Fitzgerald or Jessica Rabbit. The role is actually perfect for her because it shows off her singing talents.

In Nightclub Announcer fashion

"Ladies and Gentleman... Please welcome to the stage... Miss Maraschino Yamanaka!!"

Character Profile
Name Maraschino Yamanaka
Nickname: Mara (which almost everyone prefers to call her.)
Ethnicity: Asian American (Her father is Japanese and her mother is Irish American).
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Light Blue
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 108 lbs
Occupation: Night Club Jazz Singer
Style: When she performs Mara tends to wear Elegant 1950's dresses.
Personality: Playful but a little bit fiery.

Andre and Mara met performing in the same Jazz Club... Jungle Supernova. The Florida Keys had performed at a concert earlier and were hanging out at the Club afterwards that night. They were enjoying Banana shakes at the bar when the club's owner asked Andre if he could fill in for the Club's usual trumpeter who called in sick that day. Being the kind and helpful monkey that he was Andre graciously agreed to help. Mara was headlining at the club that night so Andre joined Mara's performance and his expressive trumpeting complemented Mara's sultry voice nicely. The two of them brought the house down.

They were so successful that they wound partnering up often and they performed a lot of duets together as well as quite a couple of Hit singles.


302 Words

© Copyright 2022 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028406-Sweet-Muse-ic