*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028487-March-7-2022
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#1028487 added March 7, 2022 at 8:52am
Restrictions: None
March 7, 2022
David and I went to Van Gogh Immersive Experience in Sarasota, Florida yesterday. What a brilliant experience to be surrounded by sound, light and color, immersed in a beautiful world.

Many of Van Gogh's works were featured, his iconic 'Sunflowers" and "Starry Night'. Onw work not featured was his "Pieta". It is an image of Mary holding the body of the crucified Jesus. Van Gogh replaces Jesus' face with his own. This painting speaks deeply to my own beliefs. I feel I can place my own face here, beside Mother Mary. I can place the faces of all those suffering in Ukraine and elsewhere. My Mother Mary comfort and protect us all.

I didn't notice any marigolds in Van Gogh's work. There were sunflowers, and irises, and almond blossoms. Perhaps marigolds don't grow in the areas he painted. But marigolds are the flower/plant from the HerbCrafter's Tarot deck I have selected today. Marigolds are associated in Mexico with the dead and the Day of the Dead. If Van Gogh was familiar with them I think he would have been enchanted by their bright golden glow. This Tarot uses them to illustrate the Death card. Van Gogh took his own life and suffered from mental health issues most of his life. Despite this, he captured beauty wherever he found it. May we be able to do the same.

HerbCrafter's Tarot--XIII-Death--Marigold--Celebrate the beauty and fragility of life
 ~

© Copyright 2022 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028487-March-7-2022