*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028540-Happy-Birthday-Tomahawk-Style
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1028540 added March 7, 2022 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Birthday Tomahawk Style


SO today is my birthday. Holy cow. How did I ever get this old???? Hubby asked the other night, "When you were 25, did you ever think you'd be this old?" (And I'm not actually saying how old I am. I think you can figure it out from my bio.) So the short answer was "no".

At the age of 25, I was too worried about getting my life back after a car accident. I was too worried about a toddler that was a devil child. I was too worried about a husband (my ex) who could never keep a job and we never had any money. So no, I didn't worry about getting older. I worried about that day, then that week.

We've had a few nice nights in Billings, currently the largest city in MT. I had to come Sunday to meet with the head of the Montana Renaissance Festival to get some ideas from him for our fledgling festival we're starting up. And somehow I'm the Queen in charge. Then today we did leisurely shopping. Shoe store, hardware store, drug store and the best of all, Barnes and Noble. I found five books I liked. Ended up with two.

Now tonight they are calling for a winter storm to blow in. Great, just in time for us to drive back home. But we did have a celebratory meal tonight. I had a gift certificate for a nice restaurant. So we made a reservation, went in and got the special of the night.

Ever had a tomahawk steak? Fingerling potatoes in duck confit? How about a 15 layer chocolate cake for two with ice cream? Oh mercy. Let's just say it was worth every penny for a birthday meal.

Now, we'll try to sleep after that fat bomb of a meal. And then wake up in the morning to a snow show. Or not. We'll see. Perhaps another night in Billings will happen.


© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028540-Happy-Birthday-Tomahawk-Style