*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029554-Sundays-Way-Back-When
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2260353
a place for my responses to the prompts from Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar
#1029554 added March 27, 2022 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Sundays Way Back When
So, the blog prompt is... What do you do to relax? Are you able to have a dedicated family day or day of rest in your home? Share a memory of a peaceful, restorative Sunday from your past. Then finally, tell us... What keeps you up at night?

I remember Sundays back when I was a little girl. We'd all get dressed in our nice clothes and go to church. I'd sit through Bible school learning about Jesus and the stories of the Bible, then would go into the main part of the church for services. That was my favorite part of Sundays, sitting there with all the adults, learning more about the Bible, and singing hymns. Growing up, my parents were members of the local Church of Christ, as that's the denomination my Daddy was raised in. That's why, as Daddy told me, we could only have an organ or piano to accompany our singing, unlike other churches who were allowed to have a full band if they wanted. Daddy made the main part of church services fun for me. I remember one particular time, I had brought a Goofy (of Mickey Mouse fame) puppet to church with me and Daddy had taken it away from me when he found it. But, as we were singing "Up From the Grave He Rose," Daddy pulled out the little puppet and made it dance to the hymn words. Every time we would get to the part "Up from the grave..." Daddy would make the puppet come to life and jump up. I must've loved it because the memory is still with me today, however many years later it has been.

After church, we would go either eat at a family member's house or go eat at this seafood place my mom liked (she's always loved frog legs). Sometimes, we'd visit one set of my grandparents or the other, or one of my many aunts or uncles. Sundays were a time for worship and a time for family. There was no work on Sundays, only enjoying the ones we love. Of course, we'd do something fun outdoors if the weather allowed as well. But whatever we did, we always did it as a family. My parents have always been the types to put family first, and they instilled those beliefs in me and my brother. They also taught us that family isn't only blood relatives. Close friends can also be considered family if you care about them the same.


And you asked what keeps me up at night?
Worry. Worry about my daughters who are grown and off on their own, worried if I taught them what they need to know to make it through this life. Worried about finances and my health and the rest of the members of my family. Worry that I might have another turn for the worse with my health just when I've finally gotten to the point where I find myself now. Worry that if I get sick again, I'll lose my job and our finances will worsen even more than they are. Yeah. Worry is definitely the bitch that keeps me up at night.

530 Words

green fairy

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1029554-Sundays-Way-Back-When