*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030603-Yet-Another-Careless-Whisper
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #2042126
"...it will help me to think of a story,” said Toad.
#1030603 added April 12, 2022 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
Yet Another Careless Whisper
Of all the afterlife things to fear, reliving every Careless Whisper (cuz imma 80’s kid) is high on the list. Apparently, whether you go to heaven or hell, that’s what’s in store – life passing not just before your very eyes but also paraded before an audience comprised of a judge and possibly a jury of all heavenly beings and everyone else that ever existed while you cringe before them in abject misery.

“Every man’s work shall be manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.” I Corinthians 3:13*

And just when you’d have thought all that combustion was reserved for hell - and any very regrettable first drafts, a somewhat special and formerly disposable kind of hell (because the internet is forever?)!
Maybe this is why there’s so many passive aggressives or just flat-out hermits (who are also largely unpublished). Who knows? While there’s no opt out (of dying, at least), that threat seems enough to send most scurrying behind Christ for cover. Or so you’d think. Ah, but that’s where He keeps Satan…

“And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” Luke 4:8

- and others?

“Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.’” Matthew 16:23 and Mark 8:33

Definitely not passive or aggressive. 100% direct and assertive and yet another example of yet another thing Jesus does perfectly that that we do not.
_________
*As noted in “Work” by Studs Terkel which is referenced as a source in: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-mysteries-love/202008/4-signs-boss-h...

© Copyright 2022 barneswallow (UN: barneswallow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
barneswallow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030603-Yet-Another-Careless-Whisper