*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031040-The-Lesson
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1031040 added April 20, 2022 at 3:16am
Restrictions: None
The Lesson

It was 5:30 am in the morning at Drill grounds at Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai! Fresh 134 GCs, men and women, were all lined up for their first address by the Academy Adjt, the beginning of their journey to become a ranked officer in one of the most elite forces of the world, the Indian Army.

The Drill SM, announced the arrival of the Adjt and the entire batch of GCs were put to attention. The Adjt got off his car and from the back seat, jumped out a German Shepherd dog, to utter disbelief of the gathered GCs! They were already looking at each other from the corner of their eyes. What’s a dog supposed to do at an induction speech?

The Adjt stepped up to the GCs, and the dog followed his footsteps, and sat right next to where he was standing! The Adjt proceeded with the induction:
“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the OTA Chennai. I have got a special guest with me today whom I would like you all to meet. This is Oliver, and he has come all the way today to help me in inducting you all to this institution and its values”.

The GCs were even more confused than before, and it showed on their faces!

“Confused”?? asked the Adjt, and gave a little grin.
“This dog was picked up from a forward troubled location at the age of 2 months, was fed, treated and trained in our facility for more than 1 year and then he became part of the team. Throughout his life, he has been a part of many operations and in one such operation, he took 2 bullets upfront to save me and my team from insurgents and fractured his leg in such a way that he had to be retired, and I adopted him”.
“We didn’t give him anything except food and shelter, and that was enough for his loyalty to take a bullet to his chest. I learnt three lessons from Oliver, and those would be your first lessons of induction:

1. Loyalty is not Red, Pink or Grey! Its Black or White! its either there or its not!
2. Loyalty always and always comes from the heart! No other organ in your body can manufacture loyalty!
3. Loyalty is most simple! It always remembers what was done in the past, but never cares what would be done in future!

“Always embrace the three rules of loyalty in war, peace, life, family, friendship and elsewhere required! They would define your character, always!"
"Dispersed!!!”

© Copyright 2022 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031040-The-Lesson