*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031384-Sunday-Prompt---April-24
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1031384 added April 25, 2022 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Prompt - April 24


Sunday Prompt

PROMPT 2: Dream Vacation with Andre Already retired? Here is an alternate prompt for you. Go on a vacation. Money is no object, you can go anywhere and do whatever you would like to do. Where do you go and what do you do? If you use this prompt, you have to take Andre the Blog Monkey with you on this vacation.

I’ve always wanted to see the Great Wall of China. I’m retired, and so is hubby. But he doesn’t want to go all the way across the world to see a wall. He know when he gets there I’ll feel the need to repair it somehow. He has enough ‘honey do’ projects on his list. He doesn’t need another. Or so he claims.

So I need a partner, someone who can go along and not complain. Someone who can walk without help. Someone up to the challenge. I told everyone who gathered at the Banana Bar last night. I even told them I’d pay the way. I came into some cash when my book sold.

After everyone got through congratulating me, they then politely told me I was crazy to go to China. But really, why not? Granted, the government there is crazy, but ours is better right now? But someone did step up and say they would go. And that someone was Andre. Great. Vacation with a monkey. Should be a barrel of fun.

Then I got to thinking, does he need a passport? Can he get a passport? Can he fly with me? How do I get him through customs?

So I got the bright idea to dress Andre up like a little child. And he got the passport from my grandson. Andre is now John Charles Bennson. He even resembles him, if you don’t look too close to the photo. And monkey talk does sound a bit Chinese to me.

Andre, aka John Charles Bennson, and we leave tomorrow for Beijing. You can reach sections of the wall in under two hours from the city. I did find out that monkey meat is a delicacy in China. Wish us well. I pray the disguise we planned holds up.

https://www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china








new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031384-Sunday-Prompt---April-24