*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031120-Bring-Andre-the-Banana-Bar-Monkey-to-Work-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1031120 added April 21, 2022 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Bring Andre the Banana Bar Monkey to Work Day


Let me set the scene for you. Everyone at work has kids. Some have grandkids. They are always going on and on about the little carpet sharks. Now the boss is promoting "Bring Your Kid to Work Day" as a desperate attempt at improving morale and is bugging everyone to make sure they participate. Your kids/grandkids live in Iceland, so you decide to bring Andre as a substitute. You never really were the perfect participator, anyway.

Andre is a banana-cocktail-mixing monkey, but he is child-sized, right? You could dress him up in some work clothes and it would be just fine, right?

Tell us what happens when you take Andre to work.
(Workplace setting can be real or made-up, but it would be much more fun to use your actual workplace.)


Hubby and I were called by a friend to man his motel for a weekend. Since we have motel management experience, we were glad to offer our help. It's a small operation, it's close to our house, we know the business, and a little extra cash always helps when you're on a fixed income. How hard could this be?

When we arrived, Mike stated, "I'm a little short staffed for the weekend. But don't fear. I called Lilli down at the Banana Bar. She's sending over some of her staff to help with housekeeping and laundry. Gotta run." And out the door he dashed.

We settled in for the weekend, checked the schedule. A little light on housekeepers and laundry. If Lilli sent a few workers, that would be great.

Soon a van pulled up. Emblazoned on the side was a big banana. Out piled Lilli with five monkeys. I looked at George. He looked at me. Were these the promised workers?

"Hi folks! Mike called for help. So here you go. Andre and his gang will be able to help you today. Let me know if you'll need them tomorrow as well. Adios!" She jumped back in the van and peeled away, leaving the monkeys in her wake.

George laughed and then walked back to the office. I was left alone with the monkeys. "Okay, then. Andre?" A monkey dressed in a flowered shirt and a pink bucket hat came forward. "Alright, you'll be the team leader. I need for you to follow me as I show you how to clean a room."

They all followed me as we went to a vacant room. I showed the quintet how to strip the beds, gather the linens, then clean a room. I handed out the checklist to Andre. He gave me a salute. Not one monkey spoke. Could they, did they speak?

"Alrighty, I'll leave you to it. If you need help, George and I are in the office."

George was on the computer as I walked in. "All good?"

"Who knows. Monkeys can't talk, can they? I left them all in room #101."

"It was your idea to pick up some extra cash, Marie. I'll let you deal with the animals. I'll man the office." His attention went back to the computer.

My big dramatic sigh garnered no reaction, so I wandered back to room #101 to check on the little imps. As I passed the window, I saw all five of them on the ceiling fan blades, turning round and round. I watched as one by one they jumped off and onto the bed below. Then all five treated the bed like a trampoline. Jumping up and down several times to once again get on the ceiling fan. I raced into the room.

"Hey there! No jumping on the bed! No more monkeys jumping on the bed! You'll fall off and break your heads! Then I'll have to call the doctor!"

Andre yelled back from the ceiling fan, "ASDjfk! Asdkjl. ASDK. ASKDJ. ASLDj. Lilli." The monkeys turned round and round while sitting on the fan.

"Well, then alright. I will call Lilli. She can take you back to the Banana Bar. You are through working for today. You haven't even stripped the bed. The laundry is waiting for the sheets and towels. Bad monkeys!"

The five monkeys sat now before me on the rumpled bed. Sad faces made me feel just a tad bit guilty for yelling. Until Andre got up, grabbed one of the sheets, put the other four monkeys on it and then dragged them on it, out the door, through the parking lot and down the street. They hollered all the way, one passed a bottle of whiskey around I noticed.

Just as they disappeared from my sight, Lilli pulled up in the Banana van.

"I just got the message. Sorry Andre and gang were so rowdy. They can get that way. Where are the little scamps?"
















new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031120-Bring-Andre-the-Banana-Bar-Monkey-to-Work-Day