*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031732-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-257-The-Jigsaw-Puzzle
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1031732 added April 30, 2022 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 257 The Jigsaw Puzzle
Three Score and Now Eleven + Day 257

It is time I wrote. This last week has been productive with potatoes planted and yesterday we snuck the red fall raspberry plants in before the rain. I sure hope they do well. The plants are not cheap. This will be my last planting of raspberries. I have been having raspberries since about 1988. I used to sell raspberries but not any longer. It is a planting now for just the wife and me. They sure are good on ice cream or in a smoothie.

Tomorrow is our first flea Market of the season. It will be cool and cloudy with wind, but it looks like no rain. The flea markets serve a couple of purposes. One it gives us some cash for gas, and it gets us out among people, so it is a social event also. And it gives us purpose, another outlet for activity. We will do about eight markets this season if all goes as expected. but it is tiring.

On Monday we will need to unload the van and then load the van and leave for the Northwoods. I need to uncover the strawberries up there. It has been colder than normal up there this spring, so I waited to uncover them. The we also have a Mountain ash tree to plant up there. It was ordered in January, and I picked it up from the nursery on Thursday. It should be a good addition to the yard. The wild birds should love the fruit in the fall. It will need to be planted if it is wet or not up there, it goes in. We will need to come back here on Wednesday.

Then on Thursday it is a shorter trip up to see the daughter's family. We are going to visit you Lukas and Levi at your school for a Grandparents Day program on Friday. Then on Saturday watch you run a track meet. I am pleased to be asked to join you. You two young guys are my legacy, and I am happy with that. We will be returning home later Saturday. Then later in the month it back to the North hopefully to plant potatoes and do some fishing. We will have two High School graduations later in May as well. As you an tell spring time here is like fitting a jig saw puzzle together. But with God's Grace and Leading I get the puzzle together each spring. I look forward to doing it again this spring.

I do not know If the wrote about it, but I got a new pair of glasses the first part of April. The prescription is not that musk different, but they do not have the glass coatings and the lenes are larger. They are not all full of scratches so I do see better. But typing is still a chore. I am a one finger typist but I make so many mistakes now. My finger just does not seem like it wants to go where I want it to go. I do a lot of corrections and it slows me way down.

I now am tired. My allergies are giving me problems. They are with me year long, but are worse in the spring. I need to rest some for the long day tomorrow. Have a Blessed Evening All

© Copyright 2022 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031732-Three-Score-and-Now-Eleven--Day-257-The-Jigsaw-Puzzle