*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031930-Sampling-Sundridge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1031930 added May 4, 2022 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Sampling Sundridge
Today's Prompt For Home Sweet Home Blogging Challenge!

If Andre visits your Town, what are some places/sites/locations he should visit?

2. Famous locations or places to see in the town/area
         
         
         
         So, Andre, are you considering a visit to Sundridge? Will you be arriving by some sort of motor transport? At the moment, driving in is the only way to get here. You're in luck. Bus trips have just recently been re-instated. Of course, if you prefer to drive, or hire a chauffeur that is a viable option. I don't recommend you attempt to parachute into the area and drop in on us. If you miscalculate your intended landing, you may create a splash in Lake Bernard, or more likely hang yourself from the tree canopy. Oh, another form of transportation is possible, not guaranteed, or particularly comfortable, but doable for the adventurous sort. You are a monkey, correct? You must be strong and flexible, no? Do you see yourself swinging aboard a freight train and rumbling North in a box car? One well-planned jump and you'll disembark here in Sundridge. No matter your chosen mode of transportation you are most welcome.
         I have another question. Are we discussing a look-see in the near future? Weather does alter the local landscape and outdoor activities. Had you arrived during the winter I'd recommend such pursuits as ice-fishing, skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling, and dog-sledding. You haven't lived until you've endured plunging temperatures that numb your extremities. There's nothing to compare to the tingle of thawing digits and the tearing of both eyes and noses. Tell me have you ever had the pleasure of wiggling into long underwear?
         Tich, it's officially springtime now. It is a brief season sandwiched between holy-***-I- cannot-feel- my -lips and bloody-^^%$#!!^- what-bit-me-now season. This latter time period is not for the faint of heart, or the anemic. To say the insects are blood-thirsty is an understatement. No one is safe from their ravenous appetites. Scourge is too nice of a word.
         You've just missed the local harvest of maple sap from which delectable maple syrup is magically created. Too bad, you just may have tapped a tree instead of a beer keg.
         I've mentioned the trees, right? If I'm not being presumptuous, monkeys seem to enjoy tree climbing, swinging and such. Oh, any of that is more than feasible here. Have you experienced zip-lining? Unfortunately, banana trees refuse to thrive in Sundridge. The evergreens, maples, birches, and oaks, are somewhat territorial.
         Did I mention the oldest provincial park is at our door step? Yep, Algonquin Park, all 7000 kilometres of it, nestles nearby. Think of how many steps you can take for a fitness plan. Would you like to explore a logging camp? Perhaps you'd like to hike, or canoe, or set up a tent in this immense forest. If you hope to see wildlife this spot is ideal. Nothing compares to the magnificence of a moose, or a fox, or a beaver, or deer, or birds galore. Trust me, you will never forget the melancholy call of a loon. How about experiencing the thrill of a wolf call? At dusk, the roving packs will return attempts at howling with the genuine article. With no extraneous lighting the stars sparkle in the night sky.
         Campgrounds dot the local landscape. Most are situated near fresh water for swimming, canoeing and boating. I recommend a roaring evening campfire.
         I did state Sundridge is a rural village did I not? Visitors seek out our slower pace of life and our attractive outdoor amenities.
         The citizens, the blackflies, and the mosquitos are partial to new blood. Drop by any time.
( 606 words minus the 32? prompt words )

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031930-Sampling-Sundridge