*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032498
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1032498 added May 16, 2022 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
Andres Blogging Challenge Home Sweet Home Days 6 and 7
Prompt: What is the biggest plus about your town?

It is a small town. I live in the country. We have a Dollar General Store that just moved in. Our town hasn't had a grocery store of any kind in years. WE have the convience store where you can get gas and goodies but Dollar General has more to offer.

Things are quiet in our town. We don't have any murders. A repair shop was robbed 20 years ago. They tied the poor guy up, a friend of mine and threw behind the counter. He got fired for no good reason. A murder happened years ago. I wrote about Al Capone and all the bodies he buried.

A plus for our town. We do a lot of farming. You used to be get off the passenger train in my town if you were going to stay with a relative or a friend in our town.

They have Auctions at a big building off the highway. I only went one years ago. The Auction served hamburgers, fries and drinks.

Kids can race go carts at a place in town.

The 4H Fair 4H Kids enter their animals and you can enter crafts and win ribbons. I won Grand Champion and Champion on my Scrapbooks. They have bake sales at the fair. You can visit old friends at the fair you haven't seen.

Everyone knows everybody. Farmers are helpful and will help you if your car breaks down or you get stuck in a blizzard. Living down country roads and being snow bound, snow plows plow snow all day until the roads are pretty much clear. It may take time but you will get plowed out.

There are farm shows with tractors close by in other towns and flea markets.

We have a library and if you can't find the books you want, the other libraries in towns close by will send the book out.

There is a Santa Claus every year by the police station in town. The kids can see him and get a present.

We do have a Fire Department and they are helpful. Our house burned down 22 years ago and the Fire Department were nice. They helped save a lot of my Dolls I had in my Doll Room.

They have a pancake breakfast and sausage breakfast in our town every so often.

If you lose your dog or cat, neighbors will be on the look out for it and help you. The same if your cow or horse jumps the fence, the neighbors will help you find it.

The town is small and we have what we need. Fire Department, local restaurant, convience store, Dollar General Store, Tire Repair Shop, Farm Repair Shop, Co-op, Police Department and Post Office. The town is next to a highway and the highway goes to a hospital near by, stores and what ever you need. We do have plus things in my town. Out town isn't perfect. So read on.

Prompt: What is the most annoying thing about your town?

Annoying things about my town. We used to get cable years ago. The shows had strange, big lines going through your shows. It was hard to tape the shows. The cable wouldn't come in at times. Now, people have dishes. We don't. We have digital TV and the channels don't want to come in. We don't who is to blame for that.

The internet. Our old internet. We hung a box on our TV antenna that would pick up signals from the Co-op and the internet would kick us off or not let us on. Talk about Oliver and Oliver from Hootervile! We don';t have to climb a pole to use our phone but hanging the computer gadget on our TV antenna, never again! We have a monitor and it works better. A lot better. WE have WIFI.

People who gossip and think they are better then others. Rich farmers down the road. I live on the same road as the rich farmers but we aren't rich. We have everything we need and I can buy what ever I want. Not Downton Abbey, a yacht but you get the idea. Most of the farmers have money in land not money, money. I get along with them and their houses aren't fancier then mine. The one guy is and you drive past his house at night, he has lights in his yard and it looks like a landing air strip for planes! I expect to see him directing planes in!

Our land phone cable was hit by a tractor or combine with his planter out and we had no phone or internet. The phone man asked who did it. A friend of ours did by accident but it wasn't Mr. Airstrip, I would have told on him.

The electric goes out. It will take 6 hours or more to get it back on. My husband gets out his generator and we wait until it comes back on.

We were the last ones to get 911 and it didn't work at first. They promised to lower our taxes and it wasn't very much. The one store has false advertising on their sales.

The Post Office is slow at delivering mail and one or twice a week and we don't get mail. They finally paved a gravel road my husband no longer uses. My husband drove down that road to go the family farm {we sold it 2 years ago} It is farmland and the deer and animals play on that road. Why pave it at all? I don't get it. Let the animals have their reserve there. I am a big, animal activist.

The school near by lets out and you need to get out of the way! I think they need a stop light by the highway and school parking lot.

They want to put a freeway in by the highway. We are Hooterville! Leave us alone! It would take ten years to build and they haven't gotten the final okay and I hope they never do. I hope they never do.

That's all I have to say about this.


1,029 Words



© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032498