*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032512-Moving-This-Week
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1032512 added May 16, 2022 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Moving This Week
Moving This Week


It’s almost moving day for my brother and me as we move to our new house. It is happening this Thursday on the nineteen. Unfortunately, we still have a lot to do before and after this move. That’s why I have taken my two-weeks Vacation Paid Time Off so that we can do this move. The big move itself is just the beginning.

We still need to bring the rest of our stuff from the old place to the new one. The movers are only taking the big and heavy stuff. We’re taking the rest of it in our cars. Well, only one trip with one of the cars. That’s because it has a lot of mileage on it. And my brother doesn’t want it to take multiple trips. It will only go down or is it up to our new house when the movers take our big stuff there.

True, we have already taken a lot of our smaller stuff to our new place over the last couple of weeks during my two days off from work aka Monday and Tuesday. Most of the time it has been Monday. But there has been at least one Tuesday we have done it too. Unfortunately, we still have a lot that needs to be taken. We will be doing that until the end of this month when we must be out of our old place.

Moving isn’t all we need to do. We also need to clean up our old place. But we aren’t going to do too much of that, though. Our old landlord has been pushing us to move out before the end of the month so that she can re-rent it to her friend’s mother. If that was the only thing she was doing, it wouldn’t have been so bad. We may have even moved out sooner. But when she wanted to take measurements for some new carpet, that was too much.

What does all of this have to do with my writing my WDC Short Story for this month? It’s the reason why I haven’t gotten any writing done today. And I probably won’t be getting any done tomorrow either. It’s not all bad news, though. Once this big move is over, I will have almost two weeks of Vacation Time Off to finish it.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032512-Moving-This-Week