*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032537-These-5-Things-Are-Not-Quite-Like-The-Others
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1032537 added May 17, 2022 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
These 5 Things Are Not Quite Like The Others?
Prompt: Tell me five things about yourself that you don't think any of the other bloggers would duplicate. (write the same response) Tuesday Mystery Prompt May 17th:
         
         Well, I just may have to ponder on this for a time. What makes me unique? Wait, am I unique? Is there a list of my differences? I am thinking. Don't rush me. There must be something, right? Do other bloggers respond to a prompt with questions? Am I stalling waiting for a eureka moment?
         Five Things About Me...
         1.Okay, this is a physical attribute, an anomaly. My feet are a wee bit different. They were born with a large, I mean sizeable gap between the big (greater) toe and the one next to it. Not that another digit sprouted in that space, but the other toes would not have complained about being crowded if that had occurred. I came equipped with flip-flop/thong adaptable feet. I really should've lived in a tropical climate, but, no, I reside in Canada, a country that is definitely not conducive for year-round sans-socks/sans-boots living.
         2. Since I'm being candid and I already mentioned my strange toes, I believe the other bloggers cannot bragclaim to have broken their poor, defenseless toes numerous times. I've lost count of the toe-stubbing incidents. If it wasn't for the wonderful occasions I delight in sauntering in flip-flops, I'd consider amputating my toes. Some have admonished me toes are necessary for balance. That's not been my experience. My toes have never fought to keep me upright and they fracture at the least form of resistance they encounter.
         3. Sigh, if I write about my toes, I must also introduce my irritable, contrary knees. I'm willing to bet no one else refers to their knees as if they were stubborn, cranky beings. My knees act as an old, bickering married couple. They co-exist side-by-side only because they had no choice in the matter. Each joint does as it wishes and ignores its twin. Neither one of them has heard about much less practiced teamwork. Both attempt to step forward first. They save their best disagreements for when I am navigating stairs. One prefers to balk at this auspicious moment and the other refuses to bend. As you can imagine, my knees are not the best of house mates.
         4. Thanks to those quarrelsome knees, I've endured five surgeries and counting. I've also fractured other body appendages ( not just the toes) due to unfortunate tumbles. To the accident list I must add countless sprains and strains. My knees drag me along , protesting , to emergency rooms and surgical suites. Perhaps they operate under the misguided illusion that at some point we will receive discounted medical care, the one-hundredth consultation is free?
         5. My eldest daughter is a tattoo aficionado and as such she has suggested, more than once, that I join her in adorning my body. Wouldn't I like to disguise my scars? Um, no. I cannot envision anything but snakes and tree roots circling my limbs. Not exactly an attractive look. There are moments when I'm strolling amongst people and I wonder if I'm one of the few who has chosen not to tattoo.
         I did it! I created a list of five things about me.

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032537-These-5-Things-Are-Not-Quite-Like-The-Others