*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032776-Im-not-a-traitor
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2272711
A husband is over his head. When approached by a man in a bar
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1032776 added May 23, 2022 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
I’m not a traitor
“ What do you mean what kind of group John? Eryn asks and John‘s heart sinks.
“ look I’m not a traitor ,countrys spy on each other all the time,” John says hoping he sounds convincing and not desperate.
“I’m still not hearing an answer to my question,” Eryn says mockingly, and John sighs.
“ OK, what happened at the meeting was this we’re broke I mean as a country you can see the evidence!” John says probably a little too defensively he thinks. He won’t be thinking for long now little does he know a countdown clock has begun on him.


“ during the crisis, we borrowed way too much money billions and trillions they warned us the news that we would pay for it!” John says his voice getting louder.
“ But we didn’t listen, Eryn, we didn’t fucking listen and now will pay oh yeah will pay!”
“ John you got to calm down,” Eryn says pleading in her voice.
“ you’re scaring me!”
“ and you should be scared we have a month maybe less as a country everyone important The President and the key cabinet members certain senators and generals are all leaving”. Now John is standing shaking visibly. A worried Eryn puts a hand on his shoulder.


“ OK, what do we do John?”
“ We leave the house I know they’re around I know you saw them that day when you went to The Safeway,” John says now he’s pacing his face like a dog like that dog Cujo. Like in that movie and Eryn wants so badly to laugh but then stops. Suddenly John stops pacing and whirls around.
“ what the hell was that!” John yells and turns and Eryn has just a second to see the closet door fly open a pistol protruding from the opening, and a flash of a muzzle before John goes down.


“ my husband you bastard you said it wouldn’t be lethal!” Eryn yells turning to face the tall agent. It’s the sunglassed man the first one she saw that day on her way to Safeway. That day seems so long ago. She has just enough time to think before the pistol is aimed at her, and the man smiles sympathetically.
“ ma’am you did the right thing reporting your husband to The Office Of Treasonous Affairs and the US Government thanks you”. “ but you were never going to walk out of this alive,” The man says and almost sheds a tear.


Then Eryn watches in horrifying slow motion. As the man brings his pistol up towards her face. Suddenly memories flooded her mind of her winning her first Softball Game. Her trips to Virginia Beach as a teenager, and her first dance with John on their wedding night. Then nothing just blackness.

Notes well that’s it for now if there’s any interest I might do an epilogue so like and share guys thanks for reading. Also if you have story commissions feel free to pm me. On my FB messenger. Thanks for reading I’ve enjoyed doing this.
© Copyright 2022 Man in black (UN: maninblack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Man in black has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032776-Im-not-a-traitor