*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032779-Okay-Sundridge-May-Not-Be-Completely-Perfect
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1032779 added May 23, 2022 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Okay, Sundridge May Not Be Completely Perfect
MAY 23rd HOME SWEET HOME BLOG PROMPT: What is the most annoying thing about your area?
         
         
         
         
         Are you, or anyone suggesting Sundridge is not perfect? Is it possible that not everything is idyllic? Gasp, as if!
         Yes, okay, it's true. I've often moaned that where I choose to live would be perfect if not for the existence of a hellish insect known as a blackfly. Why, oh why must that bloodsucker live here? I'm certain that none of the locals sent out a welcoming invitation. No one who has cursed this annoyance would ever wish to co-exist with them. Blackflies do not make the best of neighbours.
         They are inconsiderate. They travel in swarms. They attack without any warning whatsoever. They leave their considerable victims bloodied and itchy. They care only for their insatiable appetites/bloodlust.
         Did I mention blackflies are sneaky, ninja-like. They are not similar to the mosquito which whines and swoops announcing its presence. There is no early-warning system. The drawing of blood is quick and silent. Flit in undetected, bite, and skedaddle. In their wake, they leave a noticeable, itchy welt more often than not oozing blood.
         Clothing is neither a deterrent nor a barrier. I'm not sure any armour could protect their prey.Thanks to their diminutive stature, blackflies manage to squirm under/into material. Perhaps burrow is more descriptive of their dedication/determination.
         For some unfathomable reason, this irritating insect especially prefers dusk. Do you fancy an evening stroll? Do you hanker a peek at the sunset? Do you long for al fresco dining? The blackfly also likes these activities. They will join you.
         Perspiring, huffing and puffing people seem to be delectable,too. Joggers, gardeners, paddlers, swimmers, swingers and more become vulnerable.
         I especially dislike blackflies clinging and hiding in my long hair. They have their own means of travel, wings and flight. They bite me and stowaway for free, effortless transportation? They drain me of precious blood, weaken me, yet rely upon me to expel energy to lug them about? Sure, hop on board. While you're putting your feet up and resting your wings, why don't you partake of a nibble, or two. My exposed ears are within your reach.
         Believe it or not, Sundridge condones something that also annoys me. Yes, I admit two things mar the perfection of Sundridge. This is a tourist destination village. Terrorists Tourists descend upon our serene streets all year round. They arrive to breathe the fresh air, ogle wildlife, and attempt a myriad of outdoorsy activities.
          Now I'm not insinuating that all visitors are callous. I've enjoyed plenty of interactions/conversations with lovely newcomers. It's the careless ones that annoy/irk. They litter. They elbow their way through the one and only local grocery store. They ignore the speed limits. They park their vehicles wherever they feel like it. They motor their boats up onto the beaches teeming with swimmers/children.They complain about lack of television signals and internet-free zones. Some, bemoan the lack of fast-food restaurants. Enough of them expect 24/7 gas stations.
         I do not understand these tourists. Why on earth are they opting to travel out of their comfort zones? What makes them think that a tiny village will be like home? Why do they leave home? Why do they have these unrealistic expectations?
         At least I revel in one consolation. The blackflies are not discriminatory. They are equal opportunity scavengers. All blood is delicious.
( 565 words minus the 16 of the prompt )

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032779-Okay-Sundridge-May-Not-Be-Completely-Perfect