*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033052-Memorial-Day
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1033052 added May 30, 2022 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Memorial Day
Memorial Day is a time to reflect on the service men and women that gave their life for their country and the freedom we enjoy.

I would like to take a moment and say think you to all service men and women who are protecting our country both here and abroad. I also want to recognize the men and women working in the police and fire departments around our country, and after 2 years of the pandemic we must include the Doctors and Nurse who have been working tireless lee keeping people alive during Covid.

It's Memorial Day and were staying at home. While watching TV the reporters talk about how many people are on the roads, and in the air. I can remember when we were part of the crowd but those days are long gone. Things change as you get older and older.

The mornings have been beautiful here in the High Desert, and my wife and I have certainly been enjoying them. We've had some wind and that puts a damper on things but you take the good with the bad. Most of the time our wind picks up in the evening but there are days when it blows from morning to night.

I posted a video on Facebook of our back yard with the Caption "Our Shangri-La" and I was surprised that it was viewed 45 times. I'm only friends with family members and a few friends, so I was surprised when it got so many hits. I guess you never know who's looking a what you post.



Life is Good - God is Great




© Copyright 2022 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033052-Memorial-Day