*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033067-One-More-Viewing-On-The-Big-Screen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1033067 added May 30, 2022 at 10:01pm
Restrictions: None
One More Viewing On The Big Screen
Saturday Night Drive-In
Saturday Night Drive-In Movie


Prompt - Take a drive down memory lane and arrive at the Drive-In Theater. (circa ????)
The movie is over and you are on your way back home. What movie did you see? Do you have any favorite movies or actors that you just HAVE to see on the BIG SCREEN? (indoors or out)

I learned a little bit more about life hosting this, Saturday Night Drive-In Movie. I assumed drive-in theater was a global thing. I learned that I'm a little older than I thought I was. I learned that I miss those days of drive-in theaters, cars made of metal and chrome, leaded gasoline, and lax security. This was fun, thanks for playing along.

Brother Nature Sig #3
Made in Canada
         
         
         
         
         
There are so many back roads and highways to meander in my memory bank. For the most part, traversing the routes with company made the different jaunts entertaining. A foray to the drive-in always guaranteed fun.
         Without hesitation, hubby and I introduced our three kids to the wonders of an outdoor, big screen display of movies. Who wouldn't welcome an adventure that extends past bedtime? All anyone must do is stay awake and the booming sound tracks made that possible.
         One of the featured films we chose to watch was Ghost Busters.
         I'm certain all of us recall those lines whenever we hear the music, or someone happens to mention those two words, 'ghost' and 'busters.' Even now, I'm singing, to myself and out loud because thank goodness I'm alone, " If there's something strange in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call? Ghost busters!" I still hear my kids chanting this and then hooting, "I aint 'fraid of no ghost!"
         They loved the whacky, space suit outfits the actors wore and the 'cool' ectoplasm-exploding guns. That vehicle with the ECTO1 plates resembled an ambulance, but it hauled a**.'
         Just the very idea of a 'paranormal removal company' is humorous. Imagine science nerds offering their services to vanquish spirits.
         
         On our return home that night many years ago ( 1984 to be precise, WOW!) my three hyped-up hoodlums relived every scene.
         "Whoa, did you see that giant Marshmallow Man? He just exploded and gooey guts, lots of them, rained down. There were freakin' marshmallow puddles!"
         "I liked that green blob thing. His green slime stuck everywhere. He sure could eat."
         "The ghost busters shot up a hotel!"
         Yes, wow, 1984...
         Do I confess to stalking drooling fawning over a particular actor? Short answer, no. I'm easily mesmerized entertained. I watch a wide range of movies.

© Copyright 2022 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033067-One-More-Viewing-On-The-Big-Screen