*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033317
Rated: 13+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #2168231
Stories for SCREAMS!!! and stories for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
#1033317 added June 3, 2022 at 6:57pm
Restrictions: None
Matrimony
Deidre didn’t want to lose out on life, so, when she didn’t meet her dream guy in the first forty-five years of her life she turned to an agency.

That Saturday she chose her best dress, put on some make-up, and sprayed her neck with cologne. The fruity kind.

All set and ready to make things happen. Her new Beau was out there somewhere, she knew it for certain.

‘Making Matrimony Happen’ was a small, obscure firm in an ally. The man at the counter of the shop looked kind of weary and unkempt and was staring at a television screen with a soccer game on display. As she entered he cheered at the screen in front of him.

She fumbled with her handbag, bit her lip, and made a coughing sound to attract his attention.

He looked her way with a look of embezzlement as if he couldn’t believe a client was waiting for him to take action. Any action.

“Can I help you, dear? “

She stared at him, taking in the stale and unfriendly atmosphere of the tiny shop. But the man corrected himself, and moved from behind the counter, grabbing her arm, and smiling his best smile.

“Little lady, I know this shop isn’t much to look at. We have had a few complaints, but I assure you, we are the best at finding you a nice husband. There has been a success rate of 100 percent in the last few years. Let me help you.”

Two weeks later she and Drew, as the fat man was called, leaped forward and got married. Six months later she divorced him.

From then on, Deidre tried to be satisfied with her life as a single woman. She purchased herself two small dogs and named them Matri and Mony.


WC: 300
© Copyright 2022 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033317