*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033469-When-is-a-Blog-Not-a-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1033469 added June 7, 2022 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
When is a Blog Not a Blog?
When is a blog not a blog? At what point does it become a journal? Is there any difference between the two? Other than a journal is personal and a blog is out there for all to see. What are the advantages and or disadvantages of either one?

These are rhetorical questions, and it is a good thing they are. I've learned not to expect answers to the questions I pose on this blog (bar a few kind people, who I appreciate very much). For the last week or so, I've been weighing up if I should continue with this blog. Am I helping anyone deal with their own struggles? Am I helping anyone at all? I simply don't know. I certainly hope so, but not knowing, for me, is something of a struggle in itself.

Do I feel sad? Disappointed? Let down? Definitely, I am confused as to why so very few who do read this blog offer any kind of support...other than to read and then leave. My friend Hummingbird offered that this is not a support site, and so, to expect those who read the blog to care about me and my struggles, especially considering we all struggle with something, might be a little presumptuous on my part. I would counter that I was just hopeful, and there's nothing wrong with having hope, is there?

Perhaps she is right, and I do expect too much. But, the way I feel right now is that there is something not quite right here. This blog is the vehicle I use in search of support, and, if there are people along the way who ask for my advice or assistance, I would be glad to help in any way I can. WdC is the freeway that links the towns (individual members, in other words). I used to think that WdC was the community, but, as I previously stated, I don't know if I am the odd one out, or if it's apathy or something else I don't understand. My image of what a community is must be skewed from the reality of what it really is. All I know is that from where I stand, I feel like I'm the car wreck on the side of this freeway and that most are just driving by, with few stopping to offer any form of support. The fact is that most who do read this blog have no intention of stopping or typing..."Hey, Neil...keep up the fight."

For those who never review, and I'm not just talking about reviewing my work, but anyone's sweat and tears...those who read our words and leave without any show of appreciation, encouragement or word of advice because it's too hard or takes too much time or they are too afraid of repercussions or for whatever reason or excuse for doing this, I hope you change this lack of care and try more to support your fellow writers in their journey...but as far as this blog is concerned, there's no blood and nothing more to see.

Do I belong here in this community of like-minded creative people? I hope so, but that's not a question for me to answer.

This is my last entry for this blog...again, thank you to those who have shown me their support and care...you know where to find me if you need me in any way.


© Copyright 2022 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033469-When-is-a-Blog-Not-a-Blog