*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033895
Rated: 18+ · Book · Horror/Scary · #1670440
A collection of various short stories and poetry.
#1033895 added June 16, 2022 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
The Grand Escape
A Human Slave leads an escape against his Werewolf Master.

Robert Wolfe was enjoying a well-earned rest. There’d been a number of births, supplies had been brought in, the fence was in good shape, and, to top it off, the Big Meal had been extra delicious. Julia knew what she was doing when it came to seasoning the mare he’d enjoyed.

However, something awoke him – a smell or a sound. Getting out of bed, he walked over to the window, where he gasped in shock, as he watched his herd of livestock walk out the front gate.

“Hey!” he yelled, waking his wife up. “What’s going on?”

Some of the herd looked back, but a familiar voice yelled, “Keep going!”

Robert’s eyes widened as he realized where the voice must have come from.

“Honey, what’s going on?” Julia asked, as she rubbed her eyes.

“John’s implemented his Grand Escape,” said Robert. “Right through the front gate.”

“Code changes at midnight,” said Julia. “If we can shut the gates now, and keep them shut until then, it will ruin their chances.” She checked her phone. “Five minutes to do it.”

“As long as we maintain Control, we should keep them inside the fence, and even get the escapees,” Robert said, as he rubbed his gut. “Clever timing too – a big meal will slow us down.”

“Not by much,” said Julia. “I do have some of my brother’s Rapid Digestive pills, just in case of such things.”

“And ruin the floor? No, we’ll use John to get them to come back,” said Robert. Waddling over to the stairs, he started walking down them. It wasn’t the first time the farm had dealt with an escape or rebellion attempt, and as a werewolf, he should have no issues dealing with a human.

However, as he turned the corner from the stairs, he found out how wrong he was, as he stared at his gun safe.

He sighed. “How long have you known the safe combination?”

“A couple of months,” said a familiar voice. “I got all of them.”

Robert turned, and saw John 3160, his Prime Grade Breeder sitting in a chair, a high powered hunting rifle laying across his legs. Unofficially, his name was John Wrangler, Wrangler being the name of the herd he’d once been part of. Leaning next to his chair, was a walking stick, with a dense knob at the end.

“Sit down,” the human said. “Fifteen minutes, and they’ll all be outside the fence. They’ll be meeting up with members of the wild human herds, and within hours, they’ll be scattered to the winds. You’ll never find them again.”

Robert chuckled, as he sat down. “You can’t harm me, and you know it.”

John grinned. “You’re correct – I can’t harm you.” He pointed at a window.

Robert looked, and saw a vaguely familiar female human with a fuel container. The werewolf started sniffing, his eyes widening further. He looked back at John. “You wouldn’t.”

“Not me, but she would,” said John. “One match, and the whole place goes up.”

“I’m surprised that you got a Feral to help you,” said Robert.

“She tracked me down,” said John. “My own mate found me. Fifteen years it took, but she found me.”

Robert chuckled. “I remember that day. I’d been looking for a Prime Grade buck, and I decided to follow your herd. Then I caught sight of you, with your mate, and your son – is he here by the way?”

John nodded. “Him, and my daughter. You stole me from them. I could have known them, but instead, no.”

Robert sighed. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry. I was trying to save my farm.”

“I was trying to save my family,” said John. “Of course, that bear had other ideas.”

“I remember,” said Robert. “Messed up my ribs, and your leg.”

“Should of just let it kill you,” said John. “But, that bear wasn’t the sort that would have been content with just you, or both of us. I saved your tail while trying to protect my family.”

“For which I’m grateful enough to have you and yours listed as Protected,” said Robert. “So tell me, after all these years, why have you picked now to be the time to escape?”

“Because the majority of the herd have the skills needed to survive in the wilds, and all have agreed to escape, or help it out at any rate.” John pointed at the werewolf’s large stomach. “Mary agreed to help out, as did Sam. They had a couple of extra things in their Last Meal – several potent sleeping pills. Not fatal, but enough that you’ll feel the effects as they digest.” John raised his voice. “Be glad you didn’t use Rapid Digestive Pills, Julia. You’d of been out like lights!”

“I see,” Robert said, as he looked at the clock. “Still, why are you doing this?”

John lowered his eyes. “I stole the Vet report, before you could get around to reading it.” He pulled out a sheet of paper, folded it, and tossed it to Robert.

After unfolding the paper, Robert looked it over. He then looked at John. “Have you known?”

“Had my suspicions,” said John. “Guess you must have had yours.”

“Again, for what it’s worth, I’m sorry,” said Robert.

“At least my death will have meaning,” said John. “You can have me for Breakfast. The cancer shouldn’t affect my taste too much at this stage.”

Robert looked out the front door’s window, which gave him a good view of the front gate. He watched as one human after another went through, going five at a time, guided by Ferals.

He looked at John. “You’re worth a lot of money.”

John nodded. “As much as the rest of the herd put together. You can collect the insurance. You were simply robbed. There was no rebellion – you won’t get fined, you won’t be placed on the Can’t Farm Humans list, and it can be said that I died protecting my herd. I’m doing this to save them, and you. Any place else, this house would have gone up in smoke.”

“You’ve thought it all out, haven’t you,” said Robert. “Did you see to it that they have provisions? Clothing? Means of starting fires, and protecting themselves?”

John smiled. “Thought of it for fifteen years. Call it my, Last Request, if you will – my life for their Freedom.”

“Cameras and microphones?” Robert asked. “I know that they haven’t been working too well the last few hours, since this afternoon at any rate.”

“Messed with, and no one will hear or see anything, at least, until around noon,” said John. “You’re also not expecting any deliveries or anything for a couple of weeks. James and Hanna are on their respective honeymoons, and Billy’s over at a friend’s place for a few days. After Breakfast, you can wait an hour or so, head out to the barn, and then call the police, report the theft. By that point, they’ll all be long gone.”

“Are you sure that you want it this way?” Robert asked.

John sighed. “Breakfast as Prime Grade, or six months from now, I’d be Fertilizer,” he said. “At least I’m making my own choice on how I want to die.” He then tossed a book. “My Meal Journal, for your records – likes, dislikes, what I thought of you, how I want to be prepared, even how I want to be remembered – daffodils, in case you’re wondering.” He then tossed another. “You can call that one the Checkbook – my value compared to that of all the rest, and the value of the materials taken. It all balances – I’m equal in value to all of it.”

Robert looked through it, fairly quickly. “This would be a fair trade,” he said. “You, for all of them.”

“That, and you’ll have the insurance money,” said John. “You could by more human livestock, or you could invest in something like cattle.”

Robert chuckled. “I always did see you as more of a friend than livestock, if that makes you feel any better.”

John smiled. “Nice to know.” He then started coughing, as he pulled out a cloth, and coughed into it.

“Are you okay?” Robert asked. “I could get some medicine.”

“Not necessary,” said John. “That, and the pills I slipped you two should kick in soon.”

That was when there was a heavy creaking of a bed, as if a certain amount of weight had fallen on it.

“To be fair, she did have way more wine than I did,” said Robert. He looked at John. “Are you sure that you want it this way?”

John smiled. “Yep. And, if it makes you feel any better, part of me did see you as a brother. Maybe, in another lifetime.”

“Alright,” said Robert. “Put the guns away in the morning. The bed in the pantry should be alright to sleep on if you want to.” He stood up. “See you in the morning. I’ll see to naming a son or daughter after you, or some such thing.”

“Thank you for understanding,” said John.

“It’s a fair trade,” said Robert. “Reminds me of something out of a book, laying down one’s life for them you care about.” He started back up the stairs.

Soon enough, John heard more loud creaking.



A while later, John put the guns back in the safe. He then walked over to the window, and opened it.

“You still there Bella?”

The female Feral got off the porch chair she’d been sitting on.

“I’m still here,” she said, as she came up to him. She wrapped her arms around him. “I’m glad we got to meet again.”

“Tobias, Sally, get over here.”

A young man, and a teenage girl came over to him.

John placed his arms around them. “I’m so glad to have met you once more. You especially, Sally. I wish I could have been there to get to know you. Just remember, I did it to protect you.”

“Are you coming with us, father?” Sally asked.

John smiled. “Just close your eyes, and I’ll be with you. Just know that I love you.” He looked at Tobias. “Look after your sister and mother. Also, you have a bunch of other siblings – hopefully you’ll get to know them while they are with you.”

“I will, father,” said Tobias.

“Are you sure about this?” Bella asked.

John sighed. “Cancer’s going to kill me no matter what. This way, I control my own fate, and go out on my own terms.”

Bella nodded. “It was good to see you again. Good bye.”

“Until we meet again, on a nice sunny hill, a creek flowing by, and I’ll be there, with a daffodil, waiting for you.”

Bella smiled. “I’ll hold you to that.” She then motioned to her son and daughter, and the three of them walked out the open gate.

John smiled, as he looked at the gate. He could walk out, a free human. He then looked at the cloth he’d coughed into, and saw the blood. He listened to the relative silence – no sounds of any human, save himself. He’d even gotten the few human pets and slaves to go along with the plan, and escape to freedom as well. He sighed. His duty was fulfilled. There was only one thing left to do – have a Last Meal, and then be a Prime Grade Breakfast.



Out of a force of habit more than anything else, Robert awoke an hour before daybreak. Despite feeling a bit groggy, he went over to his and Julia’s bathroom, and washed his face, to wake himself up. Remembering what had happened, he picked up the Meal Journal John had given him, and read it. He then looked out the window, and saw that the gate was still open.

“I guess it wasn’t a dream after all,” he said. He then put on a pair of pants, and walked to the stairs, just as Julia raised her head.

“I just had this dream where the whole herd just walked out the front gate,” she said.

“Not a dream,” said Robert. “Herd got stolen. Wait until after Breakfast to call the Police.”

“Are you sure about that?” Julia asked.

Robert chuckled. “John made us quite the trade – his life for the Freedom of the Herd.” He then went down the stairs.

A while later, Robert was sitting under his favorite tree, up on a hill, as the first rays of the sun poked through. “Nice sunrise today.”

“That it is,” said John, sitting beside Robert. “There should be enough traces of the sleeping pill in you that the police should believe that you were victims of a planned theft.”

“Ah, but it was planned,” said Robert. “John, you’ve lead the first, almost bloodless, mass escape, I’ve ever heard of, let alone seen.”

“Yes, Mary and Sam gave their lives so that the plan could work,” said John. “As have I.” He then coughed into the cloth. “Almost Breakfast time.”

He got ready to take his shirt off, only for Robert to gently place his hand on his shoulder, and smile.

“Let’s wait until the sun has risen,” the werewolf said. “I’ve waited fifteen years. Another fifteen minutes won’t hurt.”

John leaned his back against the tree. “Always did like a good sunrise.”

“I read the journal,” said Robert. “What did you mean about that bit about arranging for your Current Mate to name their next offspring after me?”

John chuckled. “I gave Bella some vials of my Genetic Material, plus a Self-Inseminator. Of course, I told her to be at the place you and I fought the bear, in two months, just in case this attempt doesn’t work, and also because I want your family to get to know mine. Maybe Little Johnny and Bobby can become friends.”

“I see,” said Robert. “I have plenty of your Genetic Material – all I’d need is hers, and a Surrogate to carry the child.”

“There are plenty of females willing to carry my child,” said John. “Some regardless of if they are the mother or not.”

Robert looked towards the sunrise. “I’ve always enjoyed a nice sunrise. It gives one hope for the future and all that stuff.”

“I’m glad that I got to see it one last time,” said John. “Whatever else we were, I’m glad to have known you.”

Robert smiled, as he looked at John. “As I’ve said, I’ve always seen you as more of a friend. I’m glad to have known you as well.”

John chuckled, as he looked at Robert. “You haven’t Asked me yet.”

“Alright,” Robert said. “John Wrangler, also known as John 3160, do you want to be my Breakfast?”

“Yes, Master Robert,” said John. “I’d like to be your Breakfast.”

Robert gave him a careful lick. “I’ll have you All Natural – no seasonings or flavorings. Time to get you undressed.”

The two stood, and within thirty seconds, John was as naked as the day he was born.

Robert looked John in the eyes. “I’m going to miss you, John.”

John chuckled. “I’ll be sure to give you a good rubbing.”

“I have to ask,” said Robert. “Are you sure you want it this way?”

John nodded. “I’m very sure.”

Robert gave a sad smile. “Good-bye John.”

John gave a sad smile of his own. “Good-bye Robert.”

Robert opened his mouth, and started swallowing John, head first, carefully holding him. Within thirty seconds, John was curled up in his stomach. Robert carefully sat down, as he felt John start rubbing his stomach.

He gave his stomach a gentle patting. “John, let me know if you change your mind. Just pound my stomach, if you do.”

There was a gentle patting from within. “I understand,” was the response.

Robert leaned back against the tree, trying to make things as comfortable as possible for John. Within ten minutes, the rubbing slowed to a stop. Five minutes after, so did any other movement. After maybe another ten, Robert could sense that John was finally dead.

“I hope you’re someplace happier,” said Robert. “Maybe we can visit in my dreams.”

With that, Robert took a nap, as his stomach worked on his Breakfast.



25 years later –

The young werewolf stepped out of his work truck. He looked around. Checking to make sure that his handgun was on his hip, along with a hunting knife, he pulled out his high-powered hunting rifle. He knelt down, to examine the tracks. They were fresh.

“Alright Snaggle Tooth,” he said. “Time to end this, once and for all.”

“Are you sure that you’re up for this John?” asked a female voice.

John turned, and found himself looking at a Feral female human, who was armed with a compound bow, a number of arrows, plus a walking stick, with a dense knob at the end, not to mention a knife.

John smiled. “I’m up for this, Roberta. That bear’s been messing with the park wildlife, and your herd, long enough.”

“Good,” said Roberta.

“Reminds me of a story Father told me about him and your father,” John said, as the two started walking.

“How they first met?” Roberta asked.

“That,” said John. “That being said, I do have a question to ask you.”

“What would that be?” Roberta asked.

“Would you like to be my Wife?” John asked.

Roberta looked at him, and smiled. “You’re talking about me, Officially, being your Sex Slave, right?”

“No rules against a werewolf marrying a human,” said John. “I’d love for you to be my wife.”

“It’s just not usual,” said Roberta. “Werewolves don’t usually take humans as their spouses. Sex slaves, sure, but never as a spouse.”

John smiled. “When has the situation between our respective families even been usual?”

Roberta smiled. “The answer is yes. I’d love to be your wife.”

A grin came to John’s face. “Thank you.”

Roberta chuckled. “Let’s plan things out, after we deal with the bear.”

“I plan to.”

The pair exchanged a quick kiss, just as they heard the sound of the bear nearby.

“Annoying timing,” said John.

“There will be plenty of time later,” said Roberta, as she vanished into the trees.

A smile came to John’s face. “Somewhere, your old man, and my namesake, is laughing his head off.”

He walked past a sign that said, “Wolfe Family Park, home of the Wrangler Herd. No Hunting Allowed.”
© Copyright 2022 BIG BAD WOLF is hopping (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF is hopping has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033895