*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033929-Camp-Counselors-needed
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1033929 added June 17, 2022 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Camp Counselors needed!

You're one of the campers.
Write a letter home telling your family about your favorite camp counselor, Andre.


signature dancing owl


Dear Mom and Dad,

I am fine. I'm having a good time. One of the camp counselors, Andre, stays with us in the bunk house. He is really good at climbing trees. I spend a lot of time with him. I watch him climb up and down the trees and practice doing it as much the way he does it as I can. So, I'm getting better at climbing trees. When we have time off, we go sit in a tree and eat bananas. together.

Yesterday, the whole camp split up and played baseball. Andre' was the pitcher for our team. He can throw a fast ball really good. When the other team is up to bat Andre' waits to just before the batter swings and lets out a really awful jungle screech which sometimes makes the batter miss. It's cool. I am trying to learn how to screech like Andre" does. When I get home, I'll show you how. I like the way he runs around the bases. His arms are really long so he uses his arms and legs both to run. I don't do that as well because my arms are not as long as my body like his are.

One day we spent time painting pictures. Andre' became excited and started a paint throwing party. That was a real blast. One of the other counselors said it was water soluble paint so I think that means it will come out of our clothes O,K. when you wash them.

One day we went for a long hike in the forest. The counselors made us take trail bars for snacks. Andre;' kept sneaking up on us one at a time and stealing our trail bars. He was feeding them in pieces to the rabbits, birds and other wildlife. I fed mine to a raccoon, a squirrel, and a possum. One of the kids fed his to a skunk. Andre' scared the skunk so it sprayed it's scent which seems to affect every bit of clothing we were all wearing even though some of us did not get hit with the spray. I noticed as the days go on the scent is getting easier to live with. I'll bet it will be almost gone by the time I come home.

Since the trail hike we have been getting to spend a lot of time swimming. That's good because it is really warm here and we all like to swim. I've ben learning to use a kayak. Andre' likes to dump us out of the kayaks as we paddle by him. Its' all right because upside down kayaks float so even the kids that can't swim well have something to hang on to
if they get dumped.

I couldn't have a safer counselor than Andre'. One day a bear roamed into camp. Andre' started jumping up and down screaming and waving his hands. It scared the bear so much it ran back into the woods. I'm thinking if its' all right with you I will invite Andre to visit us when I come home?

Your Loving Daughter,
Apondia

Merit Badge in Anon-Y-Monkey's Badge
[Click For More Info]

   Thank You For Participating In The  March Musical Monkey Madness  In  [Link To Item #1985857] . I really enjoyed all your entries. This merit badge is for completing at least five of the ten prompts!   THE END

WORD COUNT = 533














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033929-Camp-Counselors-needed