*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034067-Camping-with-Andre-06212022
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1034067 added June 21, 2022 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Camping with Andre' 06/21.2022
Just so you know. I'm one day late with everything since last Wednesday

signature dancing owl.


While camping, you or Andre spot Bigfoot!
What happens? Tell us all about it!


-
Andre’ and Bigfoot


The birds were calling. I crawled out of my tent yawning, stretching and listening to the musical sounds of hundreds of song birds greeting the dawning white sun.

Andre’ dropped out of a tree nearby and ran over to grab my arm and dragged me to a place at the edge of the camp. With lots of squeals and hand pointing he showed me some large foot prints in a damp spot on the ground.

I swung my hand at a mosquito that was zinging around my ears. I looked down. Sure enough, there were some large deep imprints of a foot in the leaf rotted, damp soil. “Wow! That must be a really big bear Andre'.”

When Andre’ gets excited beyond control he whirls and twirls, chatters and screeches. That is exactly what he was doing all over the camp. Pointing at me and shaking his head.

“No? Hey, I’m going to get some tea and breakfast. Big bears won’t stick around here. Too many people and we keep all our food scent and sight secure.” I yawned, stretched again and shuffled over to the camp stove where some water was boiling for my morning tea. I poured a cup and sat down in a chair to enjoy a cup of morning Lemon-mint tea. “Hope this wakes me up?”

Andre’ runs over to the tightly sealed carry-all that holds the food. Now he is jumping up and down on it screeching and waving arms. “ O.K. what do you want to eat?” I opened the deep green carry-all.

Andre’ dived for the bags of pre- mixed pancake mix. The excited chimp grabbed 6 bags. “”you don’t need so many.” I tried to wrestle several of the bags he was holding. After a short tussle I gave up.

I went to the camp stove pulled out a black iron skillet, mixed up some mix and started making pancakes. Andre’ wasn’t satisfied until I had cooked 35 of the buckwheat cakes complete with blueberries. As fast as I was flipping them off the pan he was storing them in a plastic bag. As I was shutting down the stove he toddled off into the forest waving the bag of pancakes over his head with one hand.

“Hey wait for me!” I ran after him. He jumped off the trail into the woods. I followed the best I could dodging trees and bushes. Suddenly, the brush disappeared revealing a clearing of dusty dried grasses. On a stump in the clearing sat a little man. His feet were bare. He had blackish hair that fell from his face and head to his knees. His feet were almost as long as the bones of his legs. In spite of the mass of hair I could tell he was wearing a green suit. I thought about the tracks Andre’ had showed me in our camp. I’ve never seen feet that big on anyone before.

Andre ran over to the man. As he offered him the bag of pancakes the man saw me and waved at me. As I approached him he stood up and offered me his hand to shake.

“I’m Grandes Mongotoes. I’m an elf.” Without another word he sat back down opened the bag and started munching pancakes. He was chomping down the 35th cake when a sleigh dropped from the sky and landed in the clearing.

It was a two seater pulled by 4 reindeer. A fat man wearing a red suit held the reins.

Grandes Mongotoes jumped into the sleigh. “My ride is here, thanks for breakfast. Andre,’ thanks for the invitation. I’ll be sure to stop at your bar next Christmas.”

The driver yelled: "on Rudolph, on Dasher, Prancer, and Dancer." The sleigh rose high into the air and vanished.

“Andre’ What just happened here?” Andre just shrugged and we walked back to camp. Where I settled down for a long summer’s nap.

The End


Word count from WDC=682





© Copyright 2022 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034067-Camping-with-Andre-06212022