*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034050-Camping-with-Andre---June-20
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2274023
A Repository for all things related to Andre's Banana Bar shenanigans
#1034050 added June 20, 2022 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Camping with Andre - June 20


Monday, June 20th

Prompt:

While camping, you or Andre spot Bigfoot!
What happens? Tell us all about it!


When Andre and I last left Camp Wuck-a-muck I took a shortcut to get home faster. What I didn’t know was the correct turn-off to the shortcut. Max at the store gave me bad directions. I thought he said, “Turn left at the yellow dog. You can’t miss it. There’s always a yellow dog sitting in a yard.”

We looked and looked for a yellow dog. What we found was a yellow hog.

“Close enough…,” I muttered.

Andre gave me the stink-eye. “Fank eslnr…,” he muttered.

“Watch that monkey mouth, you. I will not get us lost. We’re exploring, on a road, I don’t know.”

The road dead-ended at the top of a knob. So we sat for a moment or so, then hopped out of the car.

“Alright, so big wrong turn.” Nothing to see, but pine trees.

Andre jumped on the car hood.

“Big FEET!” He screeched, then ran into the piney woods.

Once I got over the shock of his speaking actual intelligent words, I ran after him.

“Andre! Come back here!” Once in the woods the green darkness surrounded me. I stopped, in wonderment as to where that crazy monkey went this time when from the trees came streaking past me the monkey and a huge hairy beast.

The two creatures ran circles round me a few times then back into the green darkness with a crash, leaving tree limbs on the ground in their wake.

‘Was that? Could Andre have found? Nah…’ I still stood thinking I saw the mysterious elusive Big Foot when out of the darkness emerged Andre. Except for his huge bugged-out eyes, he seemed none the worse for wear. He did walk a little slow, not the usual jumping-hopping-running I was used to seeing.

“Andre? Are you okay? Did you really see Big Foot?”

He ran up to me, jumped into my arms and put his hands over my mouth. Then he looked around, making sure there was nothing around to hear. Then he whispered in my ear.

“big foot real…” and then that monkey fainted in my arms.

I just about fainted as well, because Andre actually spoke intelligent words. I thought that was more amazing than seeing Big Foot.

W/C 380

new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034050-Camping-with-Andre---June-20