*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034109-Guru
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1034109 added June 22, 2022 at 6:24am
Restrictions: None
Guru
"Do you not see what an exquisite path this is! But the aforesaid holds good only when action is not tainted by a sense of possessiveness. However, even this state is by no means Self-realization.
Why not?
Whether with or without desire, it is work that is referred to here. Although done impersonally, the action still remains separate from the doer. Whereas, where the Self is and nothing but the Self, there the 'Guru', his instructions, the work, cannot each exist separately.
So long as the duality of precept and action persists, one cannot possibly speak of Self-realization. The Play of one who has attained to final Consummation is entirely different from the work that has become selfless by effort. This has been explained here in reply to your question.
Even when the state of 'samadhi' has been reached, during which one seems to be wholly absorbed within, this also is still a state. Yet, when by this spontaneous inner process ('antarkriya') the veil is lifted, there the Vision of Reality may come about.
It can never come through outer activity, such as the attempt to efface desire.
. . . . There is a state in the spiritual life where unconditioned, self-sprung action is possible, because there are no ties. And where no ties exist, there is no danger and no wrong path - one cannot take a false step. . . . There are signs by which actions done as an instrument before Self-realization can be recognized. At this stage, the stream of action is directed towards the fulfillment of actual needs.
Whereas, in the state of Pure Being it is totally different: to do or not to do, call it what you will, all is THAT. Within this sphere everything is possible: not to eat while eating, and to eat though not eating: to walk without feet, to see without eyes, and much more of the kind, as you would put it. When established in the Self, who obeys whose bidding?

There are no 'others', none are separate. No longer does one talk to another - how can there still be the relationship that is based on the sense of separateness? The level of selfless action is quite different from the state of Self-realization.
So long as the 'Guru', the love of Him, the work, the 'I', are perceived separately, there is no question of Self-realization. Yet, it must be said that action dedicated to God is not of the same order as work prompted by desire. The one is for the sake of union, which leads to Enlightenment, the other for the sake of enjoyment, which leads to further worldly experience. What alone is worthy to be called 'action' is that action by which man's eternal union with God becomes revealed; all the rest is useless, unworthy of the name of action, no action at all. It is not a new kind of union which has to be established, but rather the union that exists throughout eternity is to be realized."

© Copyright 2022 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034109-Guru