*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034184
Rated: GC · Book · Contest Entry · #2275375
Where music moves me. Here are my stories. Album #3
#1034184 added June 24, 2022 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Victim of Love

Victim Of Love


The gun fell from her hand. It bounced off the carpet with a thud.

She couldn't hear, all she could see was the girl's lips moving and her throat vibrating her screams.

Victor lay on the bed, his chest blossoming with a harsh red flower of blood.

Christina wondered how she got into this situation. Her friends told her he was cheating. She had suspicions but found it hard to believe he'd stoop so low. He was careful. But not careful enough.

She was out of town for a conference and decided to come home early. She come into the kitchen from the garage and standing in the quiet of the house, she heard someone moving around. So she walked into Victor's office and took the gun from the desk drawer. Shaking, she climbed the stairs and listened at the door.

Slowly she eased it open and stood watching the couple have sex. Her friend, barking like a seal, was on her knees taking it in the ass. Interesting. It all would have been pretty civil had her own husband not shouted at her.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Get out!"

She stared at him. This was her home.

"Get the fuck out of here you stupid cunt!"

The woman looked over her shoulder at Christina and laughed. "You heard him, go." All the while he was pounding her ass. He finally stopped and charged at her. She simply pointed the gun and pulled the trigger.

He fell back on the bed and her friend Marlyn was screaming. She stood there frozen in place. She could see the police lights strobing against the drapes. The cops hammered on the door and Marlyn ran down naked to let them in.

The police charged in, ordering her to lay on the floor and cuffing her, took her to the kitchen to ask her some preliminary questions. The detective told Christina he's seen it before.

"I didn't plan for this to happen." She rubbed at a smudge on the table.

"I know." The detective asked about the gun and where she got it. Once he had all the details, he said she had to go to the station.

"You're not taking Marlyn in?" The woman was nowhere to be seen.

"No, she's a victim. She won't be arrested." The detective sighed.

"I'm not a victim?" Christina was in shock.

"A victim of love, that's about all." The detective shook his head.

410 words


Lyrics

© Copyright 2022 Legerdemain (UN: legerdemain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Legerdemain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034184