*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034214-Courageous-Donor
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1034214 added June 25, 2022 at 3:53am
Restrictions: None
Courageous Donor
Today for the first time I met a family (father and wife) of a person who died due to neurological problem at the prime age of 34 years.
His family donated his heart, liver and both kidneys to patients who are on the waiting list for respective organ transplant - only hope for them and their families.
It was an undescribable moment as surge of all kinds of feelings / thoughts came. This moment made me see the contrast where on one side there is the most tragic and sad event in one family and on the other there must be cheerful and hopeful families whose members are now going to get a fresh lease of life, where one father and wife were devastated by the death of their loved one at a young age and another set of fathers / wives / children must be thanking God for this grace of getting organs, where one family may be cursing their fate and the other set of families feeling fateful.......such a contrast ......
In today's world where most of us are so engrossed in and attached to our I, me and mine and where our society at large are having deep religious faiths, it is beyond words that some people ( like the donor family) during such kind of extreme tragedy could go beyond their faiths, attachments and grief to save totally unknown people's lives. That too without any material gain of any kind which we are so much accustomed to think about.
I had to gather courage to see the faces of the father and the wife. Father was visibly devastated but the wife's face was absolutely still without any visible tears. She was looking as if some divinity has come down.....
It made me felt so small and petty.......
I wish we all gather wisdom and courage from acts of such people who actually know what life is all about..

© Copyright 2022 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034214-Courageous-Donor