*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034547
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2275831
Stories handed down from my Dad
#1034547 added July 1, 2022 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Worm's Eye View
Once upon a time, a little fruit fly went looping and swooping through the apple orchard. She found a likely looking blossom and laid an egg in exactly the right spot. The blossom turned into a bud, the bud became an apple, and the egg remained hidden safely inside.

The apple grew and the egg hatched into a little green worm. The apple got bigger and riper while the worm chewed and swallowed, and worked his way out. The tree branch waved in the breeze and the ripe red apple flashed in the sun. A hungry hawk spied the apple, bit off a big chunk, and swallowed it whole - with the little green worm still inside!

The hawk flew high into the air as the worm finally emerged. He was out of the apple, but inside the hawk! Confused by the unexpected darkness, the little green worm crawled to the 'exit' and poked his head out. "Whoa!" He exclaimed, turning to address the hawk. "How high are we?"

"Oh, about half a mile," replied the surprised hawk, who hadn't expected a conversation at that altitude.

"Really?" Asked the worm. "You wouldn't shit a guy now, would you?"
© Copyright 2022 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034547