*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034594-Success
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1034594 added July 2, 2022 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Success
I had CD's I downloaded onto my iPhone. When I quit Apples music program all the music disappeared. I started back since they had it on sale, and lo and behold my music came back. I've been working on getting my music put in a place that would be easy for me to find. I moved all my music files into a folder on my desk top, then I purchased a SanDisk to move those files into it. It took me awhile but I Did It! Coming from a different generation I am a little slow, but I'm tenacious and I don't give up. I believe I'm repeating myself, I know I've made that statement before. You do that when you get old/older.

My wife asked me to fix the ring doorbell. It wasn't announcing when someone showed up at our front door. I looked up ring on the computer and they had a how-to-do-it video and I was able to follow along with no problems and am currently charging the battery as I speak.

I'm glad we're not on the roads this weekend, the congestion will be horrible and the evenings will be dangerous with the drunk drivers. I've never been one to indulge in binge drinking, I learned my lessons when I was in the Navy, and it took awhile for it to sink in. Hangovers with bad headaches weren't my problem, it was how it affected my stomach. It took 3 to 4 days to recover, so I learned that excessive consumption was not for me. I still have an occasional Jack an water, I'm no much for beer but will down a bottle once in awhile. I've tried wine and some of it is ok but since my wife doesn't indulge very often our wine is aging in the bottles!

The mornings have been stupendous and we've been enjoying everyone. It's nice to be retired and out of the rat race. I always looked forward to the days when I could kick back and enjoy. I played golf 3 to 4 times a week and it was fun, I did make some money when I played in the mens clubs around the desert. It wasn't much but a least I came home with some winnings. I also took up hobby welding and I had fun making different yard art and I made a picnic table and benches. I've given up the welding but I'm gong to go hit some golfballs on Tuesday of next week then try (that was try) to play around of golf at Ashwood golf course. Something to look forward to!

Life is Good - God is Great


© Copyright 2022 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034594-Success