*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034686-D-Advice-From-A-Caterpillar-d-1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2275393
My book for the Alice In Wonderland Challenge.
#1034686 added July 17, 2022 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
D Advice From A Caterpillar d. 1
Prompt: Identity Crisis: Create a blog entry that deal with moments you've questioned yourself over any decision.

Where do I start? I needed a job after I left the Nursing Home. I saw an ad for selling T Shirts and they promised I could make good money. I went to see the man and his wife to talk to them. It sounded good. The T Shirts were pretty so I went home to think about things. I got to thinking it was just like Avon. You have to sell a lot to make any money. Avon offered you Tote Bags, scarfs, dishes, and things that say Avon as an incentive to get you to sell Avon so you could earn big prizes. You end up spending more then you make. The decision was not to sell T Shirts.

Picking a college. I wanted to be a Journalist but I decided to go to a local college fifteen minutes away. It was only a two year college and you could earn a Associates Of Arts Degree which I did. I didn't get the classes I wanted to study Journalism. I was thinking of going to a big name College to get my BA Degree. I couldn't get a Grant and my scholarship had run out. Mom and Dad had just built a new house because Dad had just retired. I didn't think there would be enough money and I had just gotten a job at the Nursing Home and I liked the pay checks I was getting. I just worked. I did get my QMA. A QMA passes meds and does the Nurses job but you get less money but you have a license to pass Meds but you get the license renewed every year.

Decisions. I was offered a job at Visiting Nurses. I had considered it but they gave me a raise at my job so I stayed at the nursing home.

When I was dating in the past, I made bad decisions about choosing a boyfriend. The guys I dated drank, did drugs and two tried to hit me and none of them were good husband material. I finally chose the right guy who worked hard, was loving and caring and a son of a prominent, respected farmer. A good decision.

I got a phone call from a another nurse at a different Visiting Nurses Place and offered me a part time job as a Care Giver. I liked the job I had as a QMA at the time so I told her No but told her to call me for part time work when she had a job available. She never called back.

I will talk about being in High School. My father was in the Air Force and moved a lot. Dad was in Vietnam and the war ended. Dad was coming home. We lived in Arkansas in my Sophmore Year. I met a lot of friends but I went to a big high school and wasn't in any activities. Dad was going to Vietnam and Mom and I had to go back to Indiana to stay with my grandparents. My Junior Year I went to the high school in Indiana. I was in Drama Club, Plays, Drama Orientation, Miss Indiana Teenager and things were going well. The war in Vietnam ended and Dad was coming home and moving back to Arkansas. It would be nice to see my friends but I was in all these activities and I decided to stay with my grandparents in Indiana. I was going to be on the Annual Staff, Paper Staff, be in Junior Miss and The Thespian Society. My grandparents and I visited my parents and I met a nice guy who wanted me to stay and be his girlfriend. He was a football player and popular. Tempting but my decision was to stay in Indiana and I would be graduating from that school. I was popular there.

Our house burned down. My husband was putting gas in the tractor and the tractor caught on fire. So did the house. We went through the insurance and wanted to rebuild. My sister lived in Florida and we had just found out about each other a few years back. A long story. My sister said she could get me a job at the school in the kitchen if we moved to Florida. Tempting but we my husband and I visited Florida and Florida is a nice place to visit but we didn't want to live there. We decided to stay in Indiana and rebuild and things worked out.

My husband and his friend were going to start a Tractor Implement Company together so my husband and his friend worked on the details and even had the building. His friend was a electrical engineer and was always getting fired. The company wasn't getting the finance it needed and my husband and I were afraid if we did this, the company would go belly up. My husband pulled out and the company went belly up. Luckily, we didn't lose any money but his friend and girlfriend did. A good decision was made on our part.

I worked the midnight shift for over thirty years. I was offered the daytime position at the mental health facility. There was going to be higher ups to deal with. Case Managers. Housekeeping and Kitchen. Patients. At night, most of the people were sleeping and there were just three staff members including me. I could make more money and live a life like other people instead of feeling like a vampire. I liked nights. It was a quiet, at least not so much activity. My decision was to stay on the midnight shift. I would get in less trouble that way. I made the right decision.

These are some of the decisions I have to make in my life. I think I have made the right ones.

992 Words

© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034686-D-Advice-From-A-Caterpillar-d-1