*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034692-D-Advice-From-A-Caterpillar-d2
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2275393
My book for the Alice In Wonderland Challenge.
#1034692 added July 6, 2022 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
D Advice From A Caterpillar d.2
Prompt: Serpentine Neck-We know Pinocchio's nose grows longer when he lies but what happens when our neck elongates like Alice's when we tell a fib? Tell us a tale about a character and how their problem is resolved. Eating a mushroom is optional.

Elena was doing good at college and she met this guy Owen. He was handsome with dark hair and she was a petite blonde. He asked her out and she was happy. They went to the Purdue Football Game and they had a good time. They made a date to the movies for the following weekend. Owen called and broke the date.

At school, the next day, he showed her a picture of a man who looked like Richie on Happy Days. He said his friend had a heart attack and he was going to visit him. This was a lie. Owen's neck grew two inches and his shirt felt tight.

Elena and Owen went out bowling and some woman came up to Owen and kissed him. Owen said she was his cousin. She was the other woman he had been seeing. His neck grew two more inches. Elena thought his neck looked strange. Owen said he had to go home. He didn't feel well.

Elena went to her music class the next day and knew she would see Owen later. She walked out of the college and into the parking lot. Owen was kissing another girl!

The other girl ran off in a hurry. Owen said the girl's father had just died and he was comforting her. Owen's neck grew three more inches and he was in pain. He fell in the grass and another student Brian asked what was wrong. Elena said she wasn't sure. Owen's neck had grown six inches and he stood up and his head was caught in a tree. Elena took Owen to the hospital and the Doctor could find no physical reason for his neck problem. He told Owen to buy a neck collar and see his medical doctor.

Owen still had his neck problem. Elena went to his house with him and the phone rang. It was the girl he was kissing at college. Owen said it was his mother. Owen's neck grew again and he looked like a long neck goose.

Owen was shocked and so was Elena. He realized his neck didn't start growing until he started to lie to Elena. He told Elena that he had lied about everything and he was sorry. If his neck got better and she gave him another chance, he would never lie again. Elena kissed him and gave him another chance. Owen's neck went back to normal and he never lied again. He didn't like looking like a giraffe or a long neck goose.

466 Words

© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034692-D-Advice-From-A-Caterpillar-d2