*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034890-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-H1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2275393
My book for the Alice In Wonderland Challenge.
#1034890 added September 24, 2022 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
H. The Mock Turtle's Story H.1
Prompt: 1. And The Moral Of That Is: The Duchess does seem to find a lot of morals in things, so tell us a non-fictional event that left you with a most important moral you'll never forget.

I used to hang around people who took advantage of me when I was in my twenties. They would borrow my car and the muffler fell off and I had to fix it. Did they offer to help repair it? No. I was older then the other adults I hung out with and they would send me out to buy beer. I usually ended up paying for it. Once my friend borrowed my car and left the keys in it and someone stole it and ruined the transmission. I once had a boyfriend who used my car when I was at work and took out other girls. My parents didn't want me seeing this guy and he saw my father and said I stopped by his house everyday.

The friends I hung out with did other things like drinking and I did, too. The one guy I lived with took my car and robbed a guy's house when I was working and the cops came looking for me and I didn't know anything about the robbery. The guy I lived with didn't work and I supported him and he drove my car all the time. I made lousy money and my boyfriend didn't care about the money. He just spent what little I made.

My one friend who borrowed my car wanted me to move in with her and she didn't have a job. We had an apartment once and I paid for everything when she got fired. I wasn't doing that again.

I was selling Avon and my one friend would order Avon and not pay for it. I bought my boyfriend Christmas presents and he never bought me anything even when he was working. He took money out of my purse once. He didn't invite me to go his sister's party. He invited another girl. I was so glad to break up with these guys and break off my friendships as well. I ask myself who was that girl? I will never be that girl again!

I am ashamed to admit these things happened to me. What did I learn? The moral of the story?

I was being taken advantage of. My friends treated me unfairly for their own benefit especially when I was trying to be kind and help them. True friends don't treat friends like this. Someone you love doesn't take advantage of you. I chose my friends carefully after that and no one did this to me again. I learned a valuable lesson.
457 Words
Mad Hatter, Tea Set and Alice Image

© Copyright 2022 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034890-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-H1