*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034894
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1034894 added July 8, 2022 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
C.The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill


C. The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill


1. "The Housemaid" – In a strange turn of events, your pet has mistaken you for the help. Describe a typical day when it's in charge. Short story (<1000 words) or poem (<40 lines).


Taffy is my cat. She thinks I am her personal maid and chef. Of course, as the saying goes, dogs have owners and cats have staff. Taffy first spread that rumor, I’m sure.

Today I am woken up with Taffy in my face. “Mew, Mew.” A gentle little sound. I pet her soft fur. Then “Meow! Meow!” I roll over. Annoyed at the 6 AM wakeup call. Now it’s “Meow Meow MEOW!”

“Okay, fine! I’m up. Satisfied?” Stumbling to the kitchen, I pour some kitty bits into her bowl. A look of disdain from a cat is a thing to behold. “What? Too stuck-up to eat food of the common cat?” The feline sits and waits. She’s one stubborn animal.

for Alice in Wonderland


After a time, I feel sorry for her and get out the good stuff. That little tin of tuna and vegetables that makes me think about buying it to keep on hand for the apocalypse.

Taffy comes over to me, rubs against my legs in approval. She sniffs the tin. Again,I get the cat look of disdain in return. Then that rotten cat turns and walks into the front room to her perch near the window, her fluffy tail held high the entire time.

Fluffy little terrorist. Fine, I clean up the food. Put the dry food back in the bag. Put the wet food in the refrigerator. But wait. I get a fork. Time to test my theory about the apocalypse chow idea. Taffy missed her chance at a gourmet meal. Doesn’t mean I have to.






W/C 258





new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034894