*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034925
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2274870
Alice's Collection Box
#1034925 added July 9, 2022 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
2. Serpentine Neck


2. "Serpentine Neck" – We know Pinocchio's nose grows longer when he lies, but what happens when our neck elongates like Alice's when we tell a fib? Tell us a tale about such a character and how their problem is resolved. Eating mushrooms optional. (<500 words)



We all knew Billy lied about stealing. He stole from that little store every day. But today he got caught. He stole some candy. Mr. Heidack caught him red-handed. He caught Billy stuffing penny candy into his pockets.

“Billy Miller! Put that candy back! I’m calling your mother! Do you have the money to pay for all that?”

Billy looked Mr. Heidack in the eyes and lied. “I didn’t steal.” Even though his pockets were bulging with penny candy, candy lay on the floor around him, candy wrappers stuck on his shoes, candy filled his cheeks. His head began to rise as his neck grew.

“Cheaters lie and liars cheat.” Mr. Heidack grabbed Billy’s ear and pulled him toward the counter. Billy yelled but Mr. Heidack held fast to Billy’s ear. “I’m calling your mother.”

“I’m tellin’ ya I didn’t steal!” Again, Billy’s neck stretched further as Mr. Heidack pulled on his ear and he lied about stealing the candy.

Billy’s mother drove her big red car to the little store. “What’s the problem?” she asked Mr. Heidack.

“Billy tried to steal some candy. It’s in his pockets. I don’t allow stealing in my store.”

“I didn’t steal any candy, Mommy.” Billy’s neck stretched further. Now his head almost reached the ceiling.

“I know you didn’t, honey.”

Billy’s mother threw some money on the counter. “Billy’s a good boy. This should cover the cost.” She took Billy’s hand and as they left the store, Billy smiled at Mr. Heidack. Billy had to duck in the doorway when they left the store. The big red car roared out of the parking lot. Billy had to keep his head outside the car since his neck had stretched so far.

When Billy got home, he went outside to play. When his head was in the trees, the birds sang to him “Liar, liar, pants on fire!”

Billy yelled at them, “I’m not a liar! You shut up!”

The birds sang again, “Liar, liar, pants on fire!”

Billy’s pants suddenly caught fire. His neck was so long he was able to bend over and blow out the fire. He ran into his house.

“Mom! I did steal the candy. I’m sorry.” All of a sudden his neck became normal again.

W/C 380





new signature 2021




Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards
Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020
Quill Nominee Signature 2022


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034925