*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034993
Rated: 18+ · Book · News · #1439092
On topics and today's gnus. Definitely opinionated. Set to 18+ for a reason.
#1034993 added July 10, 2022 at 4:52pm
Restrictions: None
Parallel worlds where issues are global, not just local.
The assassin of Abe in Japan may have been motivated by hatred of the Unification Church that 1. he accused of bankrupting his mother, and 2. supported Abe.

The parallels in the U.S.? A Catholic Supreme Court that just limited the rights of a woman to her own body in a move that blurs the separation of church and state.

Catholics need to speak up. Secularists need to redo their narrative. The Southern Baptists and Mormons need to rethink their positions. Women need to demand this.

Those promoting violence need to back down. Those who think they've won one for the White Patriarchy need to think about the consequences of criminalization.

Going forward: rights should be explicitly enshrined in the Constitution. Rights are NOT privileges like owning a car or gun and should never be voted on.

Topical responses to consider:

VIOLENCE as an answer or consequence.
PATRIARCHY is/isn't God's gift to mankind; women aren't/are.
THEOCRACY is/isn't the way to go forward as the Bible replaces the Constitution.
WOMEN it is/isn't just up to you.
RIGHTS should/shouldn't be voted on.
RELIGIOUS groups should/shouldn't speak up on issues.
RELIGIOUS groups should/shouldn't be entangled in partisan politics.

Respond here or better yet, write a blog and post it in

 
FORUM
Blogville   (XGC)
Where bloggers meet and greet to read and share. No required prompt. Alias: blogville.
#2253938 by Kåre Enga in Montana


under "July 10: Abe, violence, The Supremes, theocracy, rights"  

890

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034993