*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035124-Abysmal-Realm
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #2273454
for the activity.
#1035124 added July 12, 2022 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Abysmal Realm


Bare skeletons dancing like a party is going on. It's dark right? It made me chuckle. What kind of twisted freak does that make me? I imagine a spritely techno pop music playing in the background. They are really jamming to it. But why skeletons?

Some kind of curse? Magic could certainly reanimate just bones. Why curse people to dance after death? In such an energetic and happy looking way? No, a curse just doesn’t make sense. Evil wouldn’t make its victims dance like that.

Dead reanimated by some kind of rampant virus? No, they wouldn’t be able to move without muscles and tendons of some kind. Would they?

It could be some kind of animatronix display for Halloween or the Dia de los Muertos. That makes a bit more sense but it lacks the darkness of the idea slip to the side. I mean skeletons, the symbol of death can not just cheerily dance when the genre’s of this whole island is dark. Skeletons dancing like a party just doesn’t fit Abysmal. Except in some kind of twisted way, this is the most likely description of circumstances that I have considered so far, but I am not convinced.

Where in the real world do dancing skeletons fit? To even consider that question is to step into the Paranormal Genre. Has anyone noticed just how many dark tinged genre tags this website happens to have? Enough for four or five islands of adventure…

Now the real source of this image of the dancing macabre. Of course it has to be something conjured by the magic of electrons flowing here and there within some powerful computer. How much work must have gone into the original animation for it to be snipped and cut up into a giphy. I wonder what that work was all for. Surely someone didn’t do this animation just to make a giphy. It had to be for a movie or tv show or music video. I am leaning towards the music video idea since it is of Dancing skeletons. I wonder what music should be playing in the background. If I were just a touch less lazy perhaps I would watch the giphy cycle through and play various genres of music in the background to see what fit the best. I still see a techno pop song though.

What does this image make me feel? I feel it is meant to make you laugh at death. To see it as a celebration of the life lived. Also I have been reviewing darkish pieces on the site and one of my favorite new finds does a lot to compare and contrast between two states opposite in meaning yet somehow being the same in essence… Life is one thing but death is just a birth into a new phase, An ending that really is just a new beginning.

I wonder if there are still brains within the skulls. I mean if the rest of the flesh has been taken away would the brains really remain? On the other hand would someone else take the time to pull the brains out of such a fresh seeming skeleton. They appear to have had their flesh flayed from them rather than rotten away. I would think if they had been rotten that the skeletons would not seem so intact. The bones are not broken or particularly misplaced.

Anyway, if the brains are still there, what are they thinking? They are separated from their usual sensory imputs, the eyes, the ears, and definitely the skin. Would the brains be thinking anything? I think not. Unless of course it is a curse. The bodies have been cursed to dance eternally, aware of it all through magical means but unable to change the actions the corpses are magically forced to perform. It would be torture, especially if the same song were being played over and over. God help those poor souls if it is the Macerena!

Here is a thought. What if it isn’t really an image of skeletons dancing, what if we are looking through the screen of an X-ray machine. All it is showing us is the skeletons, but the muscles, tendons and cartilage are all really still there holding the bones where they should be. The only creepy thing about this giphy then becomes the massive amounts of radiation these gyrating people are being subjected to to film this dance orgy. They may not be dead now but they will be soon! Forget Chernobyl the most regrettable nuclear radiation exposure is this little video.


762 words.



LinkTextHere
© Copyright 2022 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035124-Abysmal-Realm