*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035557-Not-much-been-going-on
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1035557 added July 25, 2022 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Not much been going on
Hmmm, quite the span of time from my last blog entry until today. I'm still working at the Spokane, WA GEG1 Amazon Fulfillment Center although it has been a very bumpy ride these last 18 months. The demands of the weekend/night shift pretty much wipes me out from week to week, so I don't socialize with friends, family, or others very much. I work the 40-55 hours I'm scheduled during the week and sleep and the 2-3 days I get off I sleep and play computer games or watch shows streamed thru HULU or PLEX on my computer. Needless to say, it is very easy to let 1-1/2 years slip by with nothing new to add to a blog/journal. Anything different in my week to week, day to day routine is so uneventful as not to merit mentioning.

Obviously, I survived my bout of COVID a year ago last January. I slept a lot the two weeks I quarantined, then went back to work and that was that.

Last January, around six months ago, I wrecked my vehicle on my way home from work, when I hit a patch of black ice and spun off the road breaking my rear axle. With the help of my son-in-law, I was able to purchase another vehicle and was back to work missing only two workdays.

Just finished the 55-hour Amazon prime week, which really equates to three weeks and 155 hours worked (two, ten-hour five-day weeks and 1 eleven-hour five-day week). This is my first three-day weekend in four weeks. I've done a lot of sleeping.

What I am starting to miss is the time to spend in a vegetable garden since my waking hours are in the evening through morning. I get up around 3:30pm PT and am asleep usually by 7:30am PT. Today I'm staying up late since it is twenty minutes to 9:00am. It is hard to do gardening in the dark, and this time of year it's too damn hot to do the gardening in the evening before sunset. Thus, there is no garden planted this year.

Overall, I've embraced the rut and nonsocial life this job has helped me to fall into. I don't miss the obligations of socializing with others, i.e., family or friends. I miss nature not people. I get enough of people at 'home' and at work. Being in the forest or mountains AWAY from people is what I crave these days. But I'm not in Montana anymore and Idaho and Washington have no 'get away from people places' as far as I've been able to find.

Well, that pretty much catches me up.

By the way, I like the spell and grammar helps that have been added since the last time I've written anything on this site. Nice!


© Copyright 2022 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035557-Not-much-been-going-on