*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037059-Raffle-Owners-Quick-ML-Coding-Tip
Rated: E · Book · How-To/Advice · #2278979
Big Book of WDC Pro-Tips.
#1037059 added September 10, 2022 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
Raffle Owners: Quick ML Coding Tip


Pro Tip: Raffle Owners Can Pretend to Edit a Forum Post to Get the ML Code for Raffle Ticket Lists


Raffle Owners: When a person purchases a long list of tickets and doesn't provide the usernames in ML code, you can grab it by pretending you are going to edit the forum post. As the forum owner, you can always edit a post, so just click Edit, copy the code, don't actually edit the post, then paste the list to your raffle page. If more than 1 ticket is purchased for each person, paste the list repeatedly. *BigSmile*

Ticket Purchasers: Later today, look for a Pro Tip on creating easily copy and paste-able lists for raffle owners using the double braces ML code.

Bonus Tip: When you see code in an email and you want to know how to do it, just slide down to the reply box and scroll down to the original email to view the code. *Geek*

Fun Fact: The "ML" in "ML code" stands for Markup Language, same as the ML in HTML, XML, etc.


image for a book project

LinkT To Original Post


Pro Tip: Include ML Code with Raffle Ticket Purchases


Ticket Purchasers: Raffle owners love when you post the ML code for your ticket lists. This not only makes it easier for them, but it ensures the raffle owner doesn't make a mistake when creating their own link to your friends and fans because many usernames are very similar.

To show the code, you can do 1 of 2 things, both include double braces. After creating your list of people you are tagging and buying a ticket for, copy and paste the list again to create an ML code list for the forum owner using one of these tips.

1. Actually create 2 sets of braces* around each name as below...
{huser:sumojo}
{huser:buddhangela}
{huser:schnujo}

Viewers will see easily copiable code...
Sumojo
buddhangela's Wounded Not Dead
Schnujo is Late to Lannister

2. Use the "double braces" code, and as below...**
{db} Sumojo
buddhangela's Wounded Not Dead
Schnujo is Late to Lannister {/db}

Again, viewers will see copiable code...
Sumojo
buddhangela's Wounded Not Dead
Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Use 2 sets of braces { } when you only have a few names, but the actual double braces code and are best for a big list. Naturally, you can use either to show any other code as well.

{e:cool} = *Cool* = *Cool*

{e:cool} = *Cool* = *Cool*


*HeartRate1* Raffle owners will appreciate you using these tips! *HeartRate1*



*ExclaimB* Real Life Forum Example: "Tickets, please!"


*ExclaimB* When demonstrating ML code, because it can be tricky, ALWAYS proofread your Newsfeed notes and preview your forum posts, emails, etc. to ensure you are showing what you think you are showing. One stray, unpaired brace can wreak havoc on your code, actually confusing the person you are trying to help. *Scared*

© Copyright 2022 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037059-Raffle-Owners-Quick-ML-Coding-Tip