*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037064-Notes-On-Newsletters
Rated: E · Book · How-To/Advice · #2278979
Big Book of WDC Pro-Tips.
#1037064 added September 10, 2022 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
Notes On Newsletters
image for special project
Link To Original Post


Pro Tip: You Can Read Newsletter Issues You've Missed



Go to Community (on the left), then Newsletters (near the top of the popup).

Choose "Writing.Com Newsletter Archives" to get to the 13 Newsletter options.

*BulletV* Action/Adventure
*BulletV* Comedy
*BulletV* Contests & Activities
*BulletV* Drama
*BulletV* Fantasy
*BulletV* For Authors
*BulletV* Horror/Scary
*BulletV* Mystery
*BulletV* Noticing Newbies
*BulletV* Poetry
*BulletV* Romance/Love
*BulletV* Short Stories
*BulletV* Spiritual

Bonus: You can also submit ideas and feedback for Newsletters and manage your Newsletter subscriptions.


*StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl* *StarBl*




Pro Tip: Include all 3 Genres to Boost the Odds of Getting into a WdC Newsletter


GeminiGem survived GoT , a Mod who writes for the Comedy Newsletter, recently commented on how difficult it can be to find new, fresh items to include in her Newsletter because so many people don't fill all (or sometimes any) of the 3 genre spots on their item. *shocked**Sob*

It's not too late to also edit older items and add all 3 genres.*BigSmile*

What happens when you don't fill in all 3 genres?
1. You are missing readers and reviewers because people often search by genre.
2. You are reducing your odds of winning "The Quills" if your item gets nominated because there is only 1 chance of winning the category, but 3 chances of winning a genre award, if there are enough other items to create that genre category.
3. You are missing the chance to be selected for one of the Newsletters.

Below are the list of Newsletters you could be featured in if you write something special and include the appropriate genre.

*BoxCheckb* Action/Adventure

*BoxCheckb* Comedy

*BoxCheckb* Drama

*BoxCheckb* Fantasy

*BoxCheckb* Horror/Scary

*BoxCheckb* Mystery

*BoxCheckb* Romance/Love

*BoxCheckb* Spiritual

*BoxCheckb* Contests & Activities

*BoxCheckb* Noticing Newbies

*BoxCheckb* Poetry

*BoxCheckb* Short Stories

*BoxCheckb* For Authors

To subscribe to one or more of the Newsletters above, go to
Community > Newsletters > Manage Newsletter Subscriptions.

*Delight* Go ahead and subscribe! They're free! *Delight*


Note that you do not get tagged when your item is posted in a Newsletter. You have to read the Newsletter to see your item featured.



image for book project
Link To Original Post

Pro Tip: Save Newsfeed Notes You Want to Find Again


If you find a Newsfeed note you want to keep track of, click the caret (the little arrow thingy) in the upper right corner of the note and click "Save this note" in the menu that appears.

To find your saved Newsfeed notes, along the top of your Newsfeed, just after "*Globe* View the Community Newsfeed" (which you should be clicking regularly to discover new and exciting people and events on the Newsfeed), you'll see "*CheckO* Saved Newsfeed Notes." Click that and all your previously saved Newsfeed notes will pop up (appearing like the Newsfeed, not in a list as below). *Smile*




Pro Tip: When Posting, Ensure your Newsfeed Notes are Rated as Low as Appropriate

I'm constantly posting Newsfeed notes at my Newsfeed default setting of 18+! *Facepalm* That keeps out a lot of viewers who have filters set to see only notes at a lower rating. *Shock* *Sob*

When creating your Newsfeed notes, be sure to change your setting for that note to be as low as appropriate. The setting is right next to the Post Note button at the bottom of your text box.

Bonus Tip: Most posts (like maybe 99.9%) at the 18+ setting should really be rated E or, at most, ASR. Change your Newsfeed setting to see at least 18+ notes (or GC or No Filter, if you're up for it--maybe they are rarely that bad as well, but I can't speak from personal experience, myself) so you don't miss rated E-content notes from people like me who keep forgetting to change the rating on their posted notes. *Facepalm* (Yeah, apparently I can't "fix" me, so I'm trying to "fix" you. *Rolling*)

Note: This also changes your own default note posting setting, so ensure you lower your notes to the appropriate level when posting. As far as I know, there is no way to have a default posting setting of E and a default viewing setting of 18+ so you can get maximum eyes on your Newsfeed notes while viewing the maximum notes from your friends.. Hmmm...Perhaps I should submit that to the Suggestion Box. *BigSmile*

To change the setting of the Newsfeed notes you see, go to the upper right corner of the Newsfeed. (The left side has where you can see your saved notes as well as where you click "View the Community Newsfeed" to see more stuff--HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.) Simply click the current rating, and a dropnote will appear for you to choose a different rating. *Smile*

© Copyright 2022 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037064-Notes-On-Newsletters