*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037859-Finished-Yes-and-No
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1037859 added September 18, 2022 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Finished: Yes and No
Finished: Yes and No


I know that the above blog title is a little bit confusing. But so is the reason behind it. That’s because I have finished my WDC Short Story for this month. I thought that I had a lot of rewriting to do on it, though. But it wasn’t as much as I thought that it was going to be. Especially, in the first half of it.

Thought that I only had six words to edit to keep it at one thousand words aka half of the two-thousand-word limit for this contest too. But after I did the editing in the first section, I did a Word Count. And it was about half that it should have been. I know I took out some words. But I didn’t think that I took out that many.

Either I edited a whole lot more words that I thought that I did, or I misread the total word count for that section/part to begin with. I think that it was the part/section that I misread. I don’t know how I did that. Especially, for it being that bad. But I think that is what I did. Now all I need to do is figure out what I’m going to do next or keep it like it is with about a hundred and thirty less than I thought it was before I started the second half.

I try to keep both halves of my stories to be about the same in Word Count. It’s usually the second half that is a little more than the first half. But not this much of a difference. And I don’t know what to do. Should I keep it like it is or should I try to make both halves more even? This is a very good question. Unfortunately, it’s one I can answer right just yet.

Four the next three days I have the time before I need to answer the above question. Normally, I’m too busy in my days off to do any writing. But that is a little different this time around. It’s true that I don’t get too much physical writing done on my days off from work. But I can the planning of a Short Story. I don’t know if that’s true with rewriting, though.

It looks like I’m going to find out if it’s true or not in the next three days. I know that my brother and I have a lot to do the next couple of days. And that it will take most of the days to do them. But I may have a few hours each day to try to solve this problem. As for the third day of my day off from work, I often have that day to relax before I go to work at midnight that day.

Usually, I have this third day to relax before I go back to work. But not always. Sometimes I have things that need to be done on this third day too. But if I don’t, I should have the time to figure out what I’m going to do with this WDC Short Story. If I can do that, then I can start my second Short Story for this month. a lot may depend on how much we need to get done in the next couple of days.




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037859-Finished-Yes-and-No