*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038447
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2208434
Most entries are going to be E rated but some may go beyond that.
#1038447 added October 1, 2022 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
Bats Aboard
"There's a cave!" a sailor announced as the ship drew near to the land.

"The treasure must be there," Arc said with a wide beaming grin.

Suddenly echoing noises could be heard and the sound was quite deafening. A cloud of bats started coming out of the cave as the ship drew closer. "Everyone take cover! Go inside!"

The crew ran inside, Arc tripped over a rope. The sailor turned and saw that he had tripped and went over to help. The cloud of bats was upon them now. Every single wing could be heard combined as if there was thunder. "I got you!"

Bats started flying all over the place as the sailor looked to free Arc. One bat landed on the sailor and bit him. The sailor screamed in pain as he loosened the knot and freed Arc. Arc ran until he reached the door and then looked back. The sailor was now turning into a bat. Gulping, he opened the door, dashed inside, and then shut the door tight. These weren't ordinary bats, these were vampires!

Prompt: Bat(s)
Contest: "The Prompt Me Contest
Word count: 184

© Copyright 2022 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038447