*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038517-Harder-Than-I-Thought-It-Would-Be
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1038517 added October 2, 2022 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Harder Than I Thought It Would Be
Harder Than I Thought It Would Be


I expected it to be a little hard to write the single paragraphs for the second Outline for my novel, Professional Eliminators. After all, it was five single sentences condensed into four, five, or six lines. But I didn’t expect it to be as hard as it was.

Unfortunately, I only got eleven single paragraphs written for this Outline earlier today at work. That equals about one every hour of my shift. That’s not too good. At least it isn’t to me. It should have been a lot more than that. I was hoping that it would be almost double that.

If I could have gotten ten more of them, I would be halfway through my second Outline for this novel. Unfortunately, I didn’t get that many. I’m about a fourth of the way through it. Why did that happen? I don’t know. But I think I might have a possible reason behind it.

What I’m thinking is the reason that I slowed down so much is two things. One thing was that I am trying to write it in Past Tense. And that isn’t easy for me to do. I prefer Present Tense. Mostly because of my scriptwriting. But it’s also because they say you should write what you know.

The second thing was I’m using the Times font instead of the Courier font because that’s the standard for novels. And I’m not used to the Time font. There are a lot more words in the Time font line. That means that I need to come up with a lot more words to keep my paragraphs within four to six lines.

Another problem I’m having is showing instead of telling. I’m very bad ad telling instead of showing. Millions of Reviewers have pointed that out to me. I thought that I was getting better at it. But it looks like I still need to work on that a whole lot.

I’m trying to show instead of telling in this novel. What I mean by that is I am a generic type of writer. I like to generic write. And that’s one of my big problems. A problem that I’m trying to correct. I’m trying to show this story. And I think that I’m doing it so far.

Between all of my problems, I think that’s the only reason why I only got eleven paragraphs written earlier today. I had to think about how I was going to tell this story by showing it. And that’s very hard for me to do. Something that I’m trying to get better at.

The big question now is what am I going to do over the next three days aka my days off from work. Technically, every day is a day off for me because I work the graveyard shift. But while I’m working, I’m sleeping during the days between shifts. Just like normal nine to five people do.

Should I continue working on these Outlines or should I start working on the short stories for this challenge? That is the big question I have for myself right now. I think that I will start writing my short stories. Then again, maybe I should continue writing my Outlines.






© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038517-Harder-Than-I-Thought-It-Would-Be