*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038662-Day-4-Plot-Beginning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2281958
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1038662 added October 5, 2022 at 5:59am
Restrictions: None
Day 4: Plot: Beginning
The story starts with Maurice onstage, and this has already been written, though needs revising. His first encounter with Philomena, and his inability to explain what he has witnessed onstage provide the trigger for the story. Maurice's curiosity is aroused, and this combined with the strong attraction that Philomena exerts over him ensure he is drawn into the Magical Theatre.

When not on stage, or rehearsing, Maurice tends to lead a quiet life at home. He has a large shed at the rear of his house where he keeps his props. This is also a workshop for devising new tricks, and making props to use with them.

His house is tidy and he has a local woman 'do' for him, keeping it clean, and doing his laundry. Mrs. Abner also cooks meals for him on days when he is onstage, and leaves these in the oven for him to eat when he returns. His relationship with Mrs. Abner is cordial and friendly, and she has a tendency to mother him a little. Especially, she wants to see him married.

His home life and interests will be revealed when Philomena tracks him down to his home and invites herself in. He collects cigarette cards, especially of anyone on stage. He keeps programmes from theatre shows he has seen. His interest in the stage is obvious. He also has a lot of books covering a variety of interests. He has books about the occult; magic tricks, and illusions; card playing. He enjoys Agatha Christie novels, and the stories of P.G. Wodehouse.

We see that Maurice is meticulous in his work, taking pains to ensure everything is just so.

There will be a need to describe his early childhood, and subsequent upbringing. This might be best achieved in conversations with Philomena or members of her set.
© Copyright 2022 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038662-Day-4-Plot-Beginning