*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038859-Professional-Eliminators---Not-Just-Another-Elimination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #2282443
Someone was out to get her. Collina wanted to know who it was and why they were doing it.
#1038859 added October 8, 2022 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Professional Eliminators - Not Just Another Elimination

Professional Eliminators:
“Not Just Another Elimination”


A Short Story

Written By

SpaceFaction



     Suddenly, Collina stopped walking through a thick tree populated Wooded Area after stepping behind a large tree. Using two big extensions from that tree, Collina started slowly looking all behind her. Collina thought she heard some extensions on the ground being stepped on. After she finished looking, she didn’t see anyone following her. She also didn’t hear anything else.

     Either she didn’t hear anything, or it was just a small animal she heard. Collina started looking up at the extensions near the tops of the trees. She didn’t hear or see anything. “Maybe I didn’t hear anything after all,” whispered Collina.

     “Did you say something?” Collina could barely hear what Roobic asked her.

     Collina tapped the inside of her right ear once. “Just thinking out loud again. I thought that I heard something behind me.”

     “I have been monitoring you as always,” whispered Roobic in Collina’s ear. “There isn’t anyone near you. The only ones near you are the ten Professional Protectors protecting your elimination in the residence almost right in front of you.”

     Turning around, Collina squinted her eyes to see through some lower extensions. “I can see some of them. Can see a few more now. Still can’t see my elimination, though.”

     “I’m not surprised about that. He doesn’t come near the open part of this residence very often.”

     “I can see where he’s at from his health readings,” interrupted Maveen in Collina’s left ear. “Roobic is right. Your elimination isn’t anywhere near an open part. It doesn’t look like he going to be at one anytime soon.”

     Collina started walking toward the residence in a wooded area surrounded by thick trees. Watching every step, she took as she did it. Side walking between trees that are too close to each other. Moving a few feet to her left or right because she couldn’t go between the trees where she was. Collina kept her head cocked to one side or the other depending on where a sound was coming from. There were a lot of sounds. None were life-threatening to her, though.

      Suddenly, Collina stopped again. Only that time it was because she was so close to the residence where her elimination was that she could see some of the Protectors there. She raised her Long Weapon so she could see each one of them through the open oval Long Tube on top of it. “It looks like I’m going to have to do this the hard way.”

     “Don’t you prefer to do it the hard way?” Roobic asked so softly Collina could barely hear her through her right ear.

     “I do when it comes to other Professional Eliminators,” said Collina after she moved her Long Weapon to her right hand and tapped her left ear once. “Don’t like to do it if they are just Protectors. Even if they are trying to eliminate me first.”

     Collina started walking again. Only a lot slower that time as she looked straight ahead of her the whole time. She stopped when a slightly louder voice of Maveen echoed out of her left ear. “You may not have to eliminate them after all. Your elimination is heading directly for you. He is close enough for you to get to him before he gets to an open part of his residence.”

##

    About an hour later, Collina looked through her Long Tube at who she was there to eliminate. Only she couldn’t see him too well yet because two Professional Protectors were standing in front of him. Collina could see they weren’t protecting him. They were talking to him. She could make out some of the words her elimination was saying. Collina tapped both of her ears once after putting her Long Weapon down next to her.

     “Can’t see all of what my elimination is saying to the two Protector he’s talking to. What I can see is that he is telling them to be watchful. I think they know that I’m here.”

     “I can see him a little bit better than you,” said Roobic. “You are right. It looks like they know an Eliminator is coming for him. Don’t think they know it’s you or that you are this close to him.”

     Collina picked up her Long Weapon again. At first, she used the Long Tube to see six more Protectors heading toward the other two. They stop behind the other two. Then they face away from them. Collina can’t see who she’s there to eliminate anymore. “I don’t want to do it. May need to eliminate these Protectors too.”

     “Can’t see you Elimination either,” said Roobic in her right ear. “I think I can see him a little better than you, though.”

     “I can see him even better than the both of you because of his health signals.” Collina heard Maveen through her left ear. “Think I can help you to eliminate him.”

     Collina tapped the small blue button on the right side of her Long Weapon and got a closer look at her latest elimination. “You are a Professional Healthcare Provider. Isn’t it against your rules to help in an elimination?”

     “It is,” answered Maveen from Collina’s left ear. “Doesn’t mean I can’t do it.”

     “I don’t think I will need either one of you to help me. Can’t see his head too clearly. It’s enough to eliminate him, though.”

     Collina could see a little bit of her elimination with her Long Tube now. She placed her finger just above the red button on the right side of her Long Weapon. “Just don’t know if I can eliminate him without needing to eliminate his Protectors too.”

     “I’m ready to eliminate him right now. If I do, his Protectors will be trying to eliminate me admittedly too.”

     “What are you going to do?” Roobic asked.

     Collina looked at each one of the Protectors in front of her latest elimination. “There is no time limit on this elimination. I have been here for the last three weeks watching them while you check him out Roobic. If I need to wait another three weeks to eliminate him, I can do it.”

     “Don’t think you will need to do that,” said Maveen. “It looks like whatever they have been talking about is almost over. They are starting to leave your latest elimination.”

     “I can see that. Unfortunately, my elimination is leaving too. If I don’t do it now, I may not be able to do it at all.”

     Collina aimed her Long Weapon at her walking away elimination. “If it means that I need to eliminate all of these Protectors too, I will do it.”

     After tapping the red button on the side of her Long Weapon once, a small glowing red ball came out of the end of it. A few seconds later it hit the back of the head of her latest elimination. He was eliminated before he pitched forward and hit the ground. The two Protectors talking to him saw that. They turned and started shooting in the direction of where Collina had been. Only they were using multiple red balls.

     The six Protectors standing behind the other two saw what was happening. They joined the elimination attempt too. All were using their Long and Hand Weapons to try to eliminate Collina. True, they might not have known who Collina was. It didn’t matter to them as long as they eliminated who had eliminated him. the last two Protectors there came up next to the first two. They started using their weapons before they even joined the others.

     After destroying most of the trees in front of them, these Protectors stopped their attempt at eliminating Collina. They waited for her to return her eliminating. Only she didn’t do that. Because Collina was no longer there. She stepped into a large open area among the trees in that Wooded Area. Collina tapped the round disk on her belt buckle. It fell to the ground.

     Collina tapped the disk with her right shoe. It grew into a much larger disk. One big enough for her to stand on. Which she had just done. Collina tapped the small button hidden behind the small disk on her belt buckle. A few seconds later she disappeared. So, did the disk she was standing on. Just as she was disappearing she said softly, “Another elimination completed.”


Word Count = 1,389




© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038859-Professional-Eliminators---Not-Just-Another-Elimination