*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039185-Plot-Rising-Action
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2279759
a young inner-city preacher experiences Spiritual and Physical opposition
#1039185 added October 13, 2022 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
Plot: Rising Action
"Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get to the climax?)" ▼
Review your notes from the ""Premise"" and ""Beginning"" plot exercises, and tweak the conflict(s) and inciting incident as needed before proceeding with the ""Rising Action"" plot exercise, as follows:

(1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.
I want to build up a little back story. Due to a past event in high school, Joal wants to help the people in the inner city have better lives. He wants to be a part of the positive change in the city. However, he doesn't want to disappoint his father either, who expects him to take over the family construction business. Joal must make up his mind to follow his heart or his family's expectations.

He has just completed college. He is working with his father, but he is exploring his other interests as well. He is able to get a second job assisting the owner of an inner-city mission which coincides with his desire to see positive change in the city.

The owner is an older gentleman, and he see the potential for Joal to take over his mission as he has no children of his own. The offer is presented when he decides he is about ready to retire. Thus, the conflict begins.

Joal will work at both for a little while until he feels the call of God to go to the mission full-time. This will test his faith as well as some situations he will face while he is working at the mission.

(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.
Finally, after an accident on the construction site he was working on, Joal is recovering from an injury, and it is time to make his decision. He will ultimately decide to take over the mission.

(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.
The point of no return is when Joal does take over the mission full-time.

(4) Fill in some of the blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?
There will be some conflicts that Joal will have to face after taking over the mission. He will also meet a woman, while he is recovering from the work-related injury. He will have money issues, personal as well as with the mission. The city council will want to close the mission as a nuisance to the city. His church Paster will be there to help him through most conflicts. Although, some he will have to face on his own.


PS - I have not determined completely what kind of mission it will be. I know that Joal will be concerned with religious outreach as well as caring for basic human needs.


a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
© Copyright 2022 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039185-Plot-Rising-Action