*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039230-It-Took-Almost-the-Whole-Shift
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1039230 added October 14, 2022 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
It Took Almost the Whole Shift

It Took Almost the Whole Shift


That’s right. Unfortunately, it took me almost my whole shift at work earlier today to finish writing my second Short Story for this October Prep Challenge. But I did get it finished. I have already created it too. Now all I need to do is post it to this contest. And I will do that tomorrow when this contest is due.

Why did it take me so long to finish this Short Story? I’m not sure why. But I think that it has to do with this being the Antagonist Short Story. And the antagonist in this novel won’t be revealed until toward the end of it. There may be other reasons why I had some trouble writing this Short Story. But the main one is that it’s the antagonist Short Story.

The main thing is that I got it finished. It’s not a very good Short Story. Neither one has been in this challenge so far. But I think it’s very good considering what subject matter I had to deal with aka an antagonist when the protagonist is sort of the antagonist too. I think it was a hard one to write. That’s another reason why it took me so long to write it.

It’s finished and I have created it. Haven’t posted it to this contest yet because that assignment isn’t until tomorrow. True, I can probably post it now. But I prefer to do it when the contest is due. Unlike the first one, I don’t need to create or post it before I go to sleep tomorrow after I get home from work. After all, Saturday is the day I only get about six hours of sleep.

What does all this mean for my shift tomorrow starting at midnight tonight? It means that I’m going back to working on the third Outline for this challenge. I have about nine days to finish it. And the way it’s going I may need all of those nine days to finish it with only getting about four or five chapters, Introduction, or Conclusion done per day. It all depends on how far I’m into it.

I have been concentrating on the second Short Story for this challenge that I can’t remember where I left off with this Outline. If I do remember correctly, I have about three-fourths of it left to write. That’s about thirty chapters, one Conclusion, and three middle break introductions to write before I’m finished with this Outline. That’s about a hundred and sixty single paragraphs to write.

A hundred and sixty divided by nine is almost eighteen per day. That may read like a lot, and it is a lot. But it can be done. I just need to concentrate on doing it. Both at work and at home. Work isn’t too much of a problem except for two more Short Stories to write. But working at home can be. Especially, during my days off from work because of what needs to be done during those days off.



© Copyright 2022 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039230-It-Took-Almost-the-Whole-Shift